• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff Specialties: Not Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkRider

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered an 8.8 swap kit plus an 8.8 diff cover April 13. A week later I wondering why my order status had not changed at all then I got a paypal request from RSS looking for more money for Canadian shipping. Fine, this was around the time when they were launching the new website. I hope the new site makes this clear to Canadian customers BEFORE they purchase. For me it was not a big deal but I can see people being upset but I can see people getting upset about it.

My order status changed to shipped as of April 22. A week or so later I received a box containing 2 U-bolts and 2 shock tabs. I call up RSS and it was explained to me that the shipping is limited to 20lbs per box, the order would be split up and I should receive the other boxes soon. I asked the person on the phone to call me back after making sure everything from my order had been shipped. Never received a call.

A day or two later I got the spring perches and leaf spring plates. They are beautifully crafted works of beefy art. I assumed the Diff cover would be along shortly. I waited. Drove to Texas and back. Waited. Drove to Portland Oregon ( drive truck for a living) and waited some more. Still no diff cover.

May 23rd I send Dan an email. The next day he replied saying it was forwarded to the sales Manager whom he would speak with in the morning. No email from Ramsey the sales manager at RSS. I emailed Dan on May 27th asking if there was any news about my Diff cover. Dan replied "Hey Ian, I told Ramsey to send another, he will be in tommorrow and I can get you the tracking #..."

After not hearing anything I sent ANOTHER email to Dan on June 12th asking what the status was. I got an email from Ramsey June 13th

"Ian,

Dan Forwarded this email to me. Is there anything done to the Differential Cover such as counter sunk holes or a drain plug? I do no have your address, If you please could give me that I will have you cover on the way today with a tracking number as well. If there is anything else you may need for your build please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ramsey McKnight
Sales Manager
RuffStuff Specialties
916.600.1945"

I replied with all the info he requested. Waited. On June 22 I sent Ramsey an email asking for an update or tracking number. I have yet to hear back from Ramsey.

June 26th I sent Dan an email explaining that I have not herd back from Ramsey after giving him the info he requested.

I'm out 95USD on this diff cover that I ordered 50days ago. I told Dan in one email that I did NOT want to leave bad feedback anywhere. Firstly I blame Ramsey for not getting back to me more than once. I know Dan is likely VERY busy but I also put blame on him for not making sure Ramsey made things right after dropping the ball the first time.

that Kinda sucks.

I have had no issues with Ruffstuff, their shipping has been perfect for me

I hope you get your issue sorted out. I bet they will get that cover out ASAP

want my advice? pick up the phone and call, dan is a really great guy and everyone there has always been a pleasure to deal with even when an order gets screwed up. even the best of us lose emails in the shuffle and a phone call will get things rolling. i read your complaint up there and there is no mention of picking up the phone. Theres a reason they have such great feedback on the internet and theyre products have great feedback from the trail. call em and get it handled, were all busy people and sometimes the best slip up but the good ones will work hard to make it right and in my experiences with ruffstuff they are great people

This is absolutely unacceptable.. He should close his shop immediately!

that is, after he builds my covers..:eyes:

I ordered an 8.8 swap kit plus an 8.8 diff cover April 13. A week later I wondering why my order status had not changed at all then I got a paypal request from RSS looking for more money for Canadian shipping. Fine, this was around the time when they were launching the new website. I hope the new site makes this clear to Canadian customers BEFORE they purchase. For me it was not a big deal but I can see people being upset but I can see people getting upset about it.

My order status changed to shipped as of April 22. A week or so later I received a box containing 2 U-bolts and 2 shock tabs. I call up RSS and it was explained to me that the shipping is limited to 20lbs per box, the order would be split up and I should receive the other boxes soon. I asked the person on the phone to call me back after making sure everything from my order had been shipped. Never received a call.

A day or two later I got the spring perches and leaf spring plates. They are beautifully crafted works of beefy art. I assumed the Diff cover would be along shortly. I waited. Drove to Texas and back. Waited. Drove to Portland Oregon ( drive truck for a living) and waited some more. Still no diff cover.

May 23rd I send Dan an email. The next day he replied saying it was forwarded to the sales Manager whom he would speak with in the morning. No email from Ramsey the sales manager at RSS. I emailed Dan on May 27th asking if there was any news about my Diff cover. Dan replied "Hey Ian, I told Ramsey to send another, he will be in tommorrow and I can get you the tracking #..."

After not hearing anything I sent ANOTHER email to Dan on June 12th asking what the status was. I got an email from Ramsey June 13th

"Ian,

Dan Forwarded this email to me. Is there anything done to the Differential Cover such as counter sunk holes or a drain plug? I do no have your address, If you please could give me that I will have you cover on the way today with a tracking number as well. If there is anything else you may need for your build please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ramsey McKnight
Sales Manager
RuffStuff Specialties
916.600.1945"

I replied with all the info he requested. Waited. On June 22 I sent Ramsey an email asking for an update or tracking number. I have yet to hear back from Ramsey.

June 26th I sent Dan an email explaining that I have not herd back from Ramsey after giving him the info he requested.

I'm out 95USD on this diff cover that I ordered 50days ago. I told Dan in one email that I did NOT want to leave bad feedback anywhere. Firstly I blame Ramsey for not getting back to me more than once. I know Dan is likely VERY busy but I also put blame on him for not making sure Ramsey made things right after dropping the ball the first time.

Ian, I am at home but what is your last name and I will give you a full refund. There is no excuse for this mixup...

Something just came to mind Ian, the Canada Post strike was just over 2 days ago when they were ordered back to work. This is something we were not aware of when it began and it is possible they are simply backed up in the system. This is not an excuse but it is a possible answer.

Last edited:
Dan, My last name is McDonald. The Canada post strike does come to mind but I don't think the cover went out due to the communication break down. I got an influx of packages today that were sent out before/during the strike. I'm sure the cover not getting shipped to me in the first place is a result of the website change between when I ordered and when everything shipped.

I've been without a useable phone for the last few weeks until recently and it's a long story. I was a broker to another broker (I was driving his truck) and was provided with a cell phone with unlimited USA/Canada calling. I no longer work for him and my provided phone is not for personal use. I refuse to make a US phone call on my personal cell phone because of what it costs per minute. I suppose I could buy a $5 calling card online and call that way.

I really hate making a stink of things but it does get results. In no way am I happy to throw Dan, Ramsey or Ruffstuff under the bus.

I ordered some new coil perches over the phone from them. Excellent service, the guy I talked to went and looked up which retainers I needed and I received the parts a couple days later. Now I just gotta go make someone weld them on for me...:D

everytime i call dan picks up the phone & helps me order what i need.
their products are second to none. i am sure dan will get you fixed right up.

I've spoken with Dan and Ramsey.....I believe Dan at lengths about a Bridgeport machine :) I had a small mixup with my last order but they squared it away that day. While u shouldn't have to call a vendor after u pay them to make sure you're junk shipped I will applaud them for making sure it happened ASAP after they found out a problem had happened.......btw I'm still missing 4 high misalignment spacers.....but that's a discussion for another day and may very well be my fault

I have ordered quite a bit from RSS, shipped up here to Canada, overall I have been either very happy with the product I received, or well taken care of if there was a problem.

I have noticed however that over the last year, since Dan has moved away from the daily customer service/orders/etc role, that I have had more problems occur, or longer times to resolve issues that have occurred. Nothing against Dan, I don't know how he put in the hours he did over the last few years... but that guy always went/goes beyond anything I've ever seen to reply to emails, return calls, make customers happy.

I have stopped emailing Ramsey, as it's hit or miss whether I receive a reply, although my last email to Dan was never replied to either. But if you ever need to resolve an issue with RSS, call them, ask to talk to Dan if possible, otherwise Ramsey will help you out.

There certainly are benefits to dealing with RSS, build quality is top notch, innovative parts/pieces, very good prices, and in the end they will make the customer happy... bottom line, once Dan gets involved you WILL be well taken care of.

Sounds to me like maybe they should go back to giving the great service as they did before.I can see why this guy(OP) is upset with his order, so i can't say chit to him for saying so on here,HE did TRY.

Good luck.

I dunno, I forgot to order a jam nut, emailed Dan and he got it in the box before it went out. Then when the new sites first got up I ordered a set of shock mounts, the shipping was 2x the product cost because of a bug in the site(it was supposed to be 1/4 that cost due to the sale). He re-calculated and re- funded the difference even though he had no reason too; seeing as how I ok'd the original shipping cost.

Seems like they are still going above and beyond to me.

I dunno, I forgot to order a jam nut, emailed Dan and he got it in the box before it went out. Then when the new sites first got up I ordered a set of shock mounts, the shipping was 2x the product cost because of a bug in the site(it was supposed to be 1/4 that cost due to the sale). He re-calculated and re- funded the difference even though he had no reason too; seeing as how I ok'd the original shipping cost.

Seems like they are still going above and beyond to me.
We do try but some times everything goes against you. I should mention that during this orders waiting period Canada Post was on strike for 4/5th's of the time...And nobody wants to pay the brokerage fees UPS charges Canadians when they buy US products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back