• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? Rubicon Wheels and spacers questions

Bjack

NAXJA Forum User
Guys I need your help and suggestions. I receintly purchased a 2001 cherokee with a little over 60K miles. Thus far I have put a OME 2.5" lift on it. I have a chance to buy 5 17" wheels off a 2010 Rubicon. I know I would need to add wheel spacers to go from 5x4.5 to 5x5. I'm thinking buying Goodyear Duratrak 245/70/15 tires.

I'm hoping this will be a good combination, but I'm kinda worried about the wheel offsets. Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

I was a little skeptical but I've been running 1.25" spacers/adapters from 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 and they've stayed tight, run true. The aluminum is thicker than the wheel is so I have no doubt it's strong enough. I like the look of the stickout but I'm lifted and don't have tough laws here. I'm sure it's not good for the bearings or balljoints though.

I did exactly what your looking to do. I had the 17" rubis with stock rubber I decided to go with 16" wheels instead.

You can have my spacers for $80 plus shipping.

Back