• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon for Sierrafest

oh yeah... borderline rant sorry.

Chevy LUV.
5239519715_c432085398_z.jpg

H22a 2.2l honda vtec motor, backed by a honda s2000 trans.
126675d1263499655-1999-honda-prelude-h22-5-spd-pre4.jpg

on 37" M/T's
thumbnail.aspx

We have a few of them diesel luv trucks at work. Two of them have a do not repair orders on them, so the next time they break down they get scraped. I already asked my boss for the motors out of them to put in my Jeeps. My plan is one day to convert all my vehicles over to mechanical diesels and make my own fuel.

We have a few of them diesel luv trucks at work. Two of them have a do not repair orders on them, so the next time they break down they get scraped. I already asked my boss for the motors out of them to put in my Jeeps. My plan is one day to convert all my vehicles over to mechanical diesels and make my own fuel.

Got any pics of those trucks? How trashed are they?

I don't see them often there at other farms. But they are trashed! Doors falling off, holes so big you could drop a basket ball though in the floors boards. the beds aren't even bolted down anymore because the rust is so bad. But the motors run great I don't think they have 100k on them.

Okay John why couldnt you do the same thing to your XJ since you already own it free and clear. Or why not just do a propane conversion, instead of starting all over again. Just something else to think about. :)

Just thought I would share...

The SoCal chapter has a group who will be running the Rubicon on the days immediately following Sierra Fest.

We are planning on running Monday August 13 - Thursday August 16... or earlier if you need to head out.

If you want to run the Con during your time in CA, you can certainly join us.

-Mike

Thread:
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1083994

Last edited:
I planned on running the Rubicon thats the whole reason I wanted to go down. I however dont think my Jeep will be Rubicon rated. My bumbers need trimming, I need new leaf packs in the rear and I need to buy some new shocks. I should also have a trak bar brace made before then and frame stiffeners installed.

Okay is anyone still intrested in running the Rubicon? I will still be going, my Jeep will not. So we are running Rubicon 8,9,10th. On the 10th we will be meeting up with Sierrafest. I know Dustin, Eric, and Darrin will be going down, but not to run the Rubicon.

REALLY Wish I could make this one.....
Next year I'll try to schedule the time off, and hopefully my own Jeep will be ready.
Have fun guys!

Back