• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubbing noise Front right

Jackhill442 said:
Get a good one from NAPA or dealer, not a crap Auto Zone or other. You would rather spend $50 more and not fool with it again, right?

Yea I would much rather do it once. :)
My waterpump was pissing all over last month so I'm going to replace that also. I read on NAXJA that the NAPA waterpumps are superior too. So it looks like after christmas I'm going too pay NAPA a visit. I'm gonna do the wheel hub myself its easy to access. To me its worth oaying someone to do the waterpump.

hey im kind of new here... but anyways i drive a 1990 xj and i was out in my front driveway this morning when i noticed a weird sound comming from the front end while i was rolling forward.."foot wasnt on the gas" and the E brake was down so i know it wasnt the brakes too.. the best was i can describe the sound was like (walking on freshly fallen snow) i know this sounds corny... but the snow here in bc is damp yet it make a rather dry noise when its fresh. anyways back to topic it sounds kinda dry any suggestions on what it could be?

Well I got it all fixed. :) I had bought the wheel bearing (Napa) brought it and a waterpump to the Midas to get fixed. Called the Midas 1.5 hrs before I was supossed to pick it up and the mech. and he said the wheel bearing was fine but the outer U-joint had shit the bed. Brought it to him saved $100. :)

Back