• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rough idle, then smooth, runs rough with any touch of the gas

The p1391 would make the jeep run rough. Take a look at the crank sensor. Also did you install the distributor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The p1391 would make the jeep run rough. Take a look at the crank sensor. Also did you install the distributor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes (CRank sensor coment, I agree), but it would not cause all the other codes at the same time, thus my comment about the wiring. But now that he has found the loose tranny to engine bolt(s) and tranny to tranny mount(?) bolt that would cause all sorts of mischief and might even have loosened a wiring harness connection or??? and or damaged the CPS as he suggested already..etc

I would checking the wiring harness on the battery passenger side, same as distributor side and any thing near the CPS including the CPS for collateral damage now.

May get lucky, but I would be worried about a cracked flex plate now. But they are usually noise like an engine knock. Could that be mistaken for a backfire?

He did swap the dizzy at one point after the motor swap- I wonder if its like one tooth off ?

Pat , if you damaged the CPS, might want to swap it out.

Back