• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country bushings

So now the real question is: Are all manufacturer's leaf springs like this? I have purchased 4" RC leaf springs for my project, and subsequently purchased their relocation kit after reading so much on here about people's shackle angles. Coupled with some .75" longer shackles I picked up, my rear lift would now be too high, and I'm about to pull the trigger on buying 3" OME leafs. I plan to keep the relocation brackets and shackles. Will the relocation brackets still be as necessary with OME springs?

Re: Re: Rough Country bushings

Just got off the phone with Energy Suspension and confirmed that stock sized replacement bushings have same dimensions as my RC bushings.....we'll see how this works out.

Hans

That's interesting. I emailed RC and they said stock bushings would not fit but they would be happy to sell me replacements.

He gave you the part number.I would use that to get numbers to match size of bushings. In 7 years of running my RC leafs i am now getting ready to replace the bushings again.I go out almost ever weekend except this for the last few months.
Yes thats my jeep in my avatar.I play like this all the time.

In 7 years of running my RC leafs i am now getting ready to replace the bushings again.

I'm no expert as I haven't been running my RC leaves nearly as long or as hard as you. but I suspect that if the shackle angle is as bad as shown in post #18, then it will kill bushings in no time. If the shackle angle is correct, then they should last a lot longer.

From what I've been reading, it's the 4.5 inch leaves that have been sold in the last couple years that are causing issues (to short and therefore killing bushings is what I'm thinking). Those leaves are sold as part of RC's 4.5 and 6.5 inch lift kits.

Back