• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROTM

I'd vote for the bypass bandit for the simple reason that his rig is a hell of a lot closer to a reall xj than half the stuff that won including a built jeepspeed rig wtf is that crap, might as well put a trophy truck next to a geo and ask what people wana drive home. Why not set it up that like vehicles are being compared maybe even do a couple rigs a month in the differnt catagories like stock, mild, trailer queen, and "is it still a xj?"
How the hell can you justify that comment? So because someone has actually FINISHED their build, and done so nicely, successfully, and actually RACE it, they're disqualified? Should we have a "Half built ROTM"?

This is the entire problem with ROTM, and it's amplified on the local level. "I could never get my jeep to that point, so I'm not voting for it"

I don't think that's where he's coming from Jim, It is a little unfair to have a race vehicle up against someone's daily driver though. That's like putting a top fuel car next to a weekend drag racer at a show in the same category. sure they both do the same thing but come on..

I think its bullshit. I do however like the JS themed ROTM, it would be nice to see some equally built rigs up against each other. I thought that was the whole point of the deal. It's been awhile since we had some good old fashioned drama around here this is nice :D

I don't think that's where he's coming from Jim, It is a little unfair to have a race vehicle up against someone's daily driver though. That's like putting a top fuel car next to a weekend drag racer at a show in the same category. sure they both do the same thing but come on..

I think its bullshit. I do however like the JS themed ROTM, it would be nice to see some equally built rigs up against each other. I thought that was the whole point of the deal. It's been awhile since we had some good old fashioned drama around here this is nice :D
How is it bullshit at all? You think Ted's rig would win against Santa's? Or Mine against Ricks?

I could complain that Rick has a buggy, and it's not fair. I could complain that Santa is running friggin 39's... how in the hell is that fair?! It's a competition for a reason, don't be upset if someone brings something better to the table. People will vote for what they like, let them vote, and I suppose that means let Dan vote for Ted. However I think it's BS to NOT vote for someone because they're successful and know how to actually finish a build. Do you have any idea how many man hours go into a build like a Jeepspeed? I know you do ;)

Aside from that, the rig can only win once if I'm correct, that gives you 11 other months of the year to bring the heat!!

Should Dan Turner be allowed to enter his LINKED XJ?

P1040559.jpg

apples to apples is all I'm saying. You can hoot and holler 'till you're blue in the face and it won't make a damn bit of difference to me. I'm not saying don't vote for the guy cause his rig is better, that's just being a hater :rolleyes: I'm just saying it's unfair to the little guys when their weekend wheelers get put up against a full race vehicle - "street legal" or not.

at least put some groceries in there and take a pic at the mall :D

Should Dan Turner be allowed to enter his LINKED XJ?

P1040559.jpg

I say, "NO!!!" Because there are too many jackstands "standing" around and only two that are doing all the work. WTF?? It's like a wrenching party at Brendan's house.. I'm sure if the camera was pointed at the garage, there would be a jackstand "sitting" on a chair...

:D

E

i commented about this before, and people dismissed it because fatcity still has liscense plates, therefore making my point 'moot'.

there should have been a full-race, JEEPSPEED (as in,must have a race number, etc)
then, a seperate, non-full race, prerunner rotm, for rigs without numbers. rigs without cages have no place entering against full on, race ready jeepspeeds, it only clouts the competetion.

a 'jeepspeed prerunner' without a cage, on stock gearing submitted to rotm, is like calling a 2wd 'crawler of the month' it just doesnt compute. i'll be voting for 1708. why hate cause they brought a gun to a gunfight?!? THIS IS A GUNFIGHT.

All I was saying is exactly what Grimm said, let's put simular vehicles up against each other. its not like naxja doesn't have enough members with differnt styles of heep to make it happen

No.

Dan Turner shouldn't be allowed to do anything until he shows up at a f****** NAXJA event again.

He would if he was a MAN! :shocked:

I think it would be cool to have 3 levels of rigs, stockish, intermediate, and built. It would be up to the entrant to figure which category their rig belongs to. If it's in the wrong category it just won't get the votes.

i dunno, my stock geared home brewed DD POS beat out the heavily built by a shop super clean and pretty XJ with a ridiculous list of parts and 'money' in it. popularity contest between chapters, ya, possibly, but i assure you between me and the other guy from my chapter that ran at the same time as me, he has more firends than i, and a better built rig. i think it comes down to how cool your pics look, and if someone looks at your jeep and spec list and says "fawk yea!" or not......

No.

Dan Turner shouldn't be allowed to do anything until he shows up at a f****** NAXJA event again.

Always the hater, Geoff. :D Race prep, pre-running, racing, and rebuilding is quite the time consuming affair. Then there's the time to maintain my own junk in between all that. My wife wonders who that guy is that keeps sneaking into the bedroom in the middle of every night.

Back