• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Root your Gingerbread phones!!! woot!

I have the EVO 4g. As for the warranty issue, i sent them back a phone that was rooted and they never gave me any guff. Had to send it back cause the speaker kept crapping out. I was running the Fresh roms so i could maintain the 4g connectivity. I tried Cyanogen Mod then but they didnt have 4g at the time.

Froyo was fine, i liked it. Just that when 2.2 was around it was simpler to root your phone using the unrevoked method. With Gingerbread, the Bootloader was changed and a easy way to root was not available. AS of a couple weeks ago it was available @ the link posted on the 1st page.

I plan on changing the ROM once I look into which one i like the most.

For now, im stoked that im not limited to tethering via the cable on my laptop. Wireless tether is used in my home cause i have no home internet. Add to that the fact that my 4G works perfect where I live and Im able to connect my PS3 and watch movies online via Netflix and my son can play his COD online among other games.

In short, i rooted to gain access to other ROMS and Wireless tether for Netflix on my PS3 as well as online gaming for my son.

Just be careful with data usage. I hear certain providers limit you to only a few gigs before throttling the connection.

Just be careful with data usage. I hear certain providers limit you to only a few gigs before throttling the connection.

I have Sprint and I have yet to see this happen. Usually only tether the phone for the time i watch a movie or play online. That doesn't ecedd more than a couple hours.

A single movie can be more than 5gb on it's own, depending on the resolution you're streaming or downloading.

T-Mobile has been advertising "unlimited" data traffic here lately. The fast language at the end of the ad says that data over 2gb may be limited to 2g speeds.

Yeah, Tchodehole does that. Hence why i no longer have them. Actually, I chose to go with them for a entriely different reason.

Back