• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
No... I'm not trying to sell mine. Hell, I just got it. I wanted to let the guys who built know what I think of their product.

It's really really good. Well designed and very very well made. I had to argue with the guy who powder coated mine to make it purple. He wanted to just clear coat it, saying that the welding is the best he's ever seen and it would be a crime to hide it. I think it looks pretty good in purple.

100_0222.jpg

What I really like about it is the mounting system. It doesn't clamp on to the rain gutter. Those of you who have had a close encounter of the tree kind, know that rain gutter clamps are pretty useless when your roof rack starts acting like a rock rail. And regarding the racks that mount to the plastic factory roof rack rails, I have seen a couple of occasions of roof racks that caused the plastic rails to fail. I never thought that either method was particularly good.

The Rigwerks rack mounts directly to the nutserts in the roof. You remove the factory rails and replace them with custom metal rails that the rack mounts upon. Really slick system.

100_0127.jpg

Really strong too. I'd wager you could probably use the roof rack as a winch point to right a rolled vehicle. (Not that I'd ever want to find out!!!) During the Stoddard Valley Cleanup, I piled two feet of sheet metal and rusty 55 gallon drums up there along with my spare tire! The guy with the Unimog dump truck took a pic of me unloading.

Image008.jpg

I know this is sounding like a commercial, but when one of our very own, designs a product this good, they deserve the recognition.

Mssrs Ron Johnson and Ryan Brown... Well done!

100_0230.jpg

100_0521.jpg

Andy Steiner said:
What I really like about it is the mounting system. It doesn't clamp on to the rain gutter. Those of you who have had a close encounter of the tree kind, know that rain gutter clamps are pretty useless when your roof rack starts acting like a rock rail.
Why did you have to drag me into it???

Looks Good Andy!!!

Is that Ryan Brown of Raw Brown??

Weblink?? Email?? Phone?? Don't plug em' and then not plug em' if you know what I mean. What did it cost you... That's the BIG ??? I have! That is the kind of rack I have wanted since day 1!!

Last edited:
Rocketman said:

Weblink?? Email?? Phone?? Don't plug em' and then not plug em' if you know what I mean. What did it cost you... That's the BIG ??? I have! That is the kind of rack I have wanted since day 1!!
x2 i would like more info on it

The website is very new, still under construction. www.rigwerks.com

Ryan (rawbrown) and Ron (capt ron) are great guys that know what they are talking about (most of the time... :laugh3: )

I think they are going to be behind in production on these racks. There are several people, including me that are extremely interested.

Thank you,

Rocketman said:

Weblink?? Email?? Phone?? Don't plug em' and then not plug em' if you know what I mean.

Rigwerks
760-505-9924
Ryan Brown
Ron Johnson

What did it cost you... That's the BIG ??? I have!
Mine is a prototype. Ron is still in the process of designing the accessories I need, like the spare tire mount, Hi-Lift mount and a shovel mount.

That is the kind of rack I have wanted since day 1!!
No sh*t! Me too. I'm glad I waited.

jeremiahm said:
Who built your bumpers and sliders?
The rear was made by JC Fab & Design. It's perfect match for the lines of the rig. Unfortunately the rear didn't hold air and the front wasn't what I wanted, so I had the front rebuilt by Ted Wiens Custom 4x4 in Las Vegas.

The sliders are Rocky Road Outfitters. Wouldn't reccomend them though. Look at the rocker panels.

100_0445.jpg

Back