• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack Height?

S

SeaMonkey

Saw the thread on the roof racks and must admit one would come in handy at times. Not sure if my Jeep would still be able to get in the garage however. I have 12" clearence measured from the very back of the drip rail (top of it) to the garage door. This is on a 2000 XJ. Perhaps I could get some of you to measure the max height of your rack from the same point and let me also now the brand you have.

Thanks, Mark

Well, I have a Garvin Wilderness Series Rack and it sits 8" above the drip rail on a '92.

The "feet" that mount on the gutters are 4" high, and the rack basket is 4".

Mike in NJ :patriot:

KargoMaster Kilimanjaro 52X60 roof rack with KargoMaster factory roof rack mounts is 10 5/8" to the top of the rack.

Thanks for the info everyone. I know it won't fit with tires and stuff in it. Just wanted to make sure I would fit empty.

=:{)

i still fit in the garage with my jeep and i have RE5.5 lift, 33's, and the olympic roof rack with KC daylighters/ i have about an inch of clearance. thats of course with my full size spare off my rack

Back