• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roof rack for cherokee

BlueGerbil said:
Kaymar

bg054.jpg

Sorry to hyjack but a quick question. BlueGerbil, what kind of rear bumper is that? I tried to see on your website, however I am only fluent in Engrish. Sweet XJ, BTW. Thanks

yekcid said:
Sorry to hyjack but a quick question. BlueGerbil, what kind of rear bumper is that? I tried to see on your website, however I am only fluent in Engrish. Sweet XJ, BTW. Thanks

Looks like it is a Kaymar rear bumper with the tire carrier and jerry can holder.

motorcityxj said:
i heard JCR has one ... though last time i was on their site i didnt see it. Maybe its in super secrect developement still, ask for photos. http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?screen=CONTACT
behold , the one and only prototype .
last time i talked to daryl he said it got moved down on the priority list because they were so busy . call and ask about it if you would like to see one produced !!!!

rack2.jpg

rack1.jpg

Bigboyslimjimbo,

Just make darn sure you empty the rack before wheeling it hard no matter what rack you get. The best way to end up on your side or tumbling down a grade (family and all) is to pile stuff up there. Its the worst possible location for anything heavy. It looks real cool at the mall and works great on the highway or for fire road wheeling but if you are going off camber it makes things a lot riskier. See if you can put bulky light stuff like sleeping bags, tent, pads, clothes on the stock rack first. Keep your spare, cooler, food, water, tool kit, axle shafts (axles fit well beside the passenger seat) tied down in the back. Put the high lift as low as possible too (stock tire carrier, hood, rear bumper etc).

I have piled crap up there before and wheeled it hard. I wont do it again, especially here in the east where greasy off camber stuff is Very Very common.

John

x2 on making your own...this is the one I built(sold it to scoobyxj though)
**clicky**

made the gutter mounts also...I think I had around $100.00 total in materials.

Last edited:
Back