• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Romney TKOs Obama

If Obama wants to let both sides come together in the same way and make an agreement, it is some how wrong when he does it?

Yeah, it's wrong when anyone does that. It was wrong of Romney and it'd sure be wrong of Obama too. Somehow I think it's not cool for anyone to blatantly ignore the Constitution and our Bill of Rights.

They're both douchebags, but Obama I find to be downright scary.

Some posts in this thread said something to the effect of "it sounds great if you say you'll cut taxes, but where's the money gonna come from? it's GOT to come from somewhere!!?!" My view on that is, no, it doesn't. Maybe the government gets too god damn much money as it is, and there are plenty of things in the government that the government funds and "needs" money for that, in my opinion, the government should have nothing to do with.

Health insurance is a great example, and talked about much by the candidates. Mittens was so proud of himself last night saying that he got 98% of adults in MA insured...what he failed to mention was the small bits that make people like myself so bitter about the .gov stepping into personal things like telling ME what health insurance is good for ME...last year I had insurance that worked great for me, I was very satisfied with the coverage it provided. When I did my taxes this spring, I got nailed with an eight HUNDRED dollar fine because my insurance did not meet "Minimum Creditable Coverage" since it didn't cover $X ambulatory coverage. Some BS like that. No, I didn't have to ride anywhere in an ambulance. I got fined $800 because IF I had needed that, I would've been forced to pay it out of pocket. I'd rather have paid that out of pocket than be fined for doing nothing wrong.

So, if the .gov would get itself the hell out of places it doesn't belong, such as healthcare, it wouldn't be an unreasonable stretch at all for us to see that it is in fact entirely possible to cut taxes, and not need the money. For a long time, government has been spending way too much, like a spoiled rich kid who steals mommy's credit card and goes on a shopping spree. When returning home, they've been lightly scolded but there's no serious consequences. The spoiled kid comes to the realization that they can walk all over the rich parents, and there's no incentive to stop spending other people's money like crazy.

I agree with a FEW of the points Romney made last night, but I agreed with NOTHING Obama said. Anything that came out of that %$(#(%$*'s mouth was him spewing total bullshit, or an outright lie. He has no grasp and is disgustingly detached from how anything truly works. He's an idealist, and has no realist in him at all. And IF he were given his ideal world...That scares the hell out of me.

I'm ranting, but the short version of my opinion is that big government is bad news, and in my personal opinion it's beyond insane for anyone to think raising taxes and making the gov bigger will do this country any good, or put us in a better place.

I understand that many folks say a libertarian vote is a wasted vote, but at least those people have their shit together and truly make sense. At this point, I'm not sure if I'll be going for the lesser of two undeniable evils, or "wasting" my vote. Not feeling too optimistic of where this country's headed regardless of who wins next month. =/

This election cycle a Libertarian vote is a wasted vote, but with Romney we'll at least have 4 years to build momentum with a true contender for the White House. I've said this before, I'm not in love with Romney and all of this policies......but if my options are to eat a sandwich with some dust on it, or one with dog crap on it, the choice is pretty easy.

This election cycle a Libertarian vote is a wasted vote, but with Romney we'll at least have 4 years to build momentum with a true contender for the White House. I've said this before, I'm not in love with Romney and all of this policies......but if my options are to eat a sandwich with some dust on it, or one with dog crap on it, the choice is pretty easy.

how do you think it will be easier to get a libertarian in 4 years if Romney wins?

the dems will never nominate a libertarian and if the republicans already have an incumbent, they are not going to give up the advantage that brings to nominate a libertarian.

and a 3rd party candidate has no chance in this country, sorry.

but after last night, Romney isnt looking so good.

I just love it when someone asks Obama a direct question and he dances all around the subject, but NEVER answers the question. He likes to change the topic when things get tough.

Pretty much when you ask Romney a question, he tends to give you almost too much info as long as the question isn't a loaded question.

I just love it when someone asks Obama a direct question and he dances all around the subject, but NEVER answers the question. He likes to change the topic when things get tough.

Pretty much when you ask Romney a question, he tends to give you almost too much info as long as the question isn't a loaded question.

And dems will tell you the same thing, just switch Romney and Obama. I didn't watch any of the debates, the guy I'm voting for wasn't in them. Like I said before, we're ****ed regardless.

how do you think it will be easier to get a libertarian in 4 years if Romney wins?

I don't think anyone even so much as hinted at that. Libertarians are great, but it took 236 years for a black president to be elected. Perhaps you need to gain a little more ground before you run for the highest office in the land. I would even say 1/3 of the Federal, State, and Local elections should put the Libertatian party in the realm of serious contention. Just because you WANT the training wheels off doesn't mean you're ready to ride.

I don't think anyone even so much as hinted at that. Libertarians are great, but it took 236 years for a black president to be elected. Perhaps you need to gain a little more ground before you run for the highest office in the land. I would even say 1/3 of the Federal, State, and Local elections should put the Libertatian party in the realm of serious contention. Just because you WANT the training wheels off doesn't mean you're ready to ride.

the libertarian party hahahahahahahahahahahha!!!

I just love it when someone asks Obama a direct question and he dances all around the subject, but NEVER answers the question.

But, I learn so much more B.S. when he does this - certainly proves to be entertaining because there's no substance. And, check his expressions; he actually believes it himself! :puke:

right......

gary johnson will be lucky to get more than 1% of the vote.

libertarians....please don't waste your vote.

Obama's debate strategy last night..........

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
-- Joseph Goebbels - Nazi Propaganda Minister

Romney could have lit him up, but I think it was more effective to let Obama keep throwing crap at the wall, hoping that some of it would stick.

Even more effective? Calling out the other guy's lies. I'd rather vote for the guy who stands up for the truth than the guy who smirks while listening to someone else's lies...

LOL @ "the truth"
Exactly, can't really expect honesty out of either. But if we're going to talk about how Obama was lying so much, why shouldn't we expect Romney to call him out on it? With the state of our voting populace, you can't rely on them being smart enough to look up the truth on their own. They elected Obama 4 yrs ago, remember?

right......

libertarians....please don't waste your vote.

that argument has been fostered by the 2 party system that has failed us.

if i vote what i truly believe in then its not at all a waste. its what the country was founded on.

remember Perot? remember all the polls that asked people who they would
have voted for if they voted their conscience?

If you truly agree with Mitt vote for him, if you truly believe in obama vote for him. don't tell me that im wasting my vote because im not afraid of the lesser of 2 evils. i will never vote for mittbama but i wont tell you your wasting your vote either.

:patriot:

that argument has been fostered by the 2 party system that has failed us.

if i vote what i truly believe in then its not at all a waste. its what the country was founded on.

remember Perot? remember all the polls that asked people who they would
have voted for if they voted their conscience?

If you truly agree with Mitt vote for him, if you truly believe in obama vote for him. don't tell me that im wasting my vote because im not afraid of the lesser of 2 evils. i will never vote for mittbama but i wont tell you your wasting your vote either.

:patriot:
Could not have stated that in any better way. Very respectful! How this attitude can be argued is beyond me

Could not have stated that in any better way. Very respectful! How this attitude can be argued is beyond me

sorry, but that's a reality.

if you like casting a vote for a loser, that's your choice.

makes as much sense as betting on a two-legged horse

Relative to discussion, Romney is carrying a 10-15% lead with "other party" voters. Apparently many of my fellow Libertarians are also realists.

Back