• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker replacement with box tubes question

I know this is an old thread But I'm in the process of doing 2x6 rockers and am wondering whether or not to trim fenders and run it all the way up to the wheel well? Will the bottom of the fender still be secure if it's trimmed up? Also will the fender flares be secured if their trimmed?

I ran the 2x6 all the way to the wheel wheel. I then trimmed the bottom of the fender so that the bottom 1" was bent inward. I drilled and tapped the 2x6 so I can bolt the bottom of the fender to the box. My fender is still removable if needed.

I ran the 2x6 all the way to the wheel wheel. I then trimmed the bottom of the fender so that the bottom 1" was bent inward. I drilled and tapped the 2x6 so I can bolt the bottom of the fender to the box. My fender is still removable if needed.

OK that's a good idea. I'll try to find a good way to fix the flares down as well

I have some 2x4 tubing laying around and my rockers are shot. I was going to stop at the fender, or maybe trim the metal so I can go up to the wheel wells without cutting the fender

Back