• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker replacement, sort of

Here's what mine look like. they are 4x4 with 2 braces going right through where the pinch weld was and straight to the frame. The rear is welded to the leaf spring mount and the front goes right behind the lower control arm's rear mount on the frame.

My problem is two fold.
A)I'm in love with their performance
B)How do I get them onto my new 1997 2dr.

DSCF0559.jpg

DSCF0560.jpg

Performance wise - I want to add some tubing to the side like HTek's drawing and also use the tops to build steel wheel flares that will connect to the top of custom bumpers.

Those look stout, but using 4" x 4" tube, you give up a bit more ground clearance than you have to. 2" is quite a difference when you're either scraping/skidding over a rock as opposed to landing solid on it.

fubar XJ said:
Those look stout, but using 4" x 4" tube, you give up a bit more ground clearance than you have to. 2" is quite a difference when you're either scraping/skidding over a rock as opposed to landing solid on it.
I agree on the size issue, but it's the same as stock from rail to ground. 2x6 would've been better.

I'm really diggin' that triangulated brace design to make boat sides.

Back