• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler LA kit

xjrockrawler21 said:
so the second generation the upper link or torque arm mounts from the lower link to the stock upper control arm mount on the axle?

it mounts from the stock upper CA mount on the axle, to the new relocation bracket on the inner side of the frame sleeve, beside the new driver side LCA mount

brandon
PS, i actually run a kit like yours, but with RE superflex joints used instead of heims.

kme743 said:
I'm looking to upgrade to a long arm set up. I looked at rusty's and clayton. Both are about $800.Rock krawler's long arm kit is about $475. Does anybody have any feedback on the rock krawlers? I dont really have the cash for the rustys or claytons and dont really get that hardcore. I'm at 4.5" short arm and going up to 6.5". Just looking for a better ride than the short arms. I know that i could get the RE drop brackets, but i would need to get adj. uca and lca. Keep in mind that this is a dd. Thanks!!
I see your from Philly,try Joe at TRC Offroad,845-355-ROCK,he is a RockKrawler dealer with real good prices.He can also do the install for you.He is in Middletown,NY,about two hours or so from Philly.He is rockreadyxj on NAXJA boards.

magoo117 said:
I see your from Philly,try Joe at TRC Offroad,845-355-ROCK,he is a RockKrawler dealer with real good prices.He can also do the install for you.He is in Middletown,NY,about two hours or so from Philly.He is rockreadyxj on NAXJA boards.
Thanks man!! I,m actually in New Philadelphia! Its about 3 hours north of Philly. I'm approx. 30min. south of Paragon in Hazelton, if your familiar with that. Thanks!

kme743 said:
Thanks man!! I,m actually in New Philadelphia! Its about 3 hours north of Philly. I'm approx. 30min. south of Paragon in Hazelton, if your familiar with that. Thanks!
Yes,Very familiar with Paragon.I think it takes him an hour and a half to get to Paragon.His web site http://www.trcoffroad.com/ Tell him I sent ya.

Here is a pic of my hotrod at the entrance to Pick Your Poison at Paragon.
Paragon10-16010.jpg

Here are some pictures of my slightly mangled frontend this is the new tri link set up. on the diff there is a hiem not standard for the kit. we used it in place of the bushing. this is not how the kit is sold.
258333607ukzaiu_ph.jpg

258335986NidhVv_ph.jpg

ac84189c.jpg

xjrockrawler21 said:
So the first generation kit has had problems with the torque arm mount. did they recall that kit. i have not had any problems with it yet. and i have the axle mount welded in there pretty good.

I also have the original kit. They did not recall the kit. They changed to the new style to eliminate the amount of welding required. RK stated that there is nothing wrong with the original kit as long as the torque arm bracket is properly welded on. I had my professionally done. No offense to anyone but the ones that failed were believed to be caused by sub-standard welding.

PS. I don't work for RK.

I had the Gen I kit and just upgraded to the Gen II kit to get rid of the SCARY handling when you hit the brakes.

(heavy front end dive and hard pull to the right, yes it was installed correctly!)

I truely couldn't be happier with the new kit!

rockreadyxj said:
Here are some pictures of my slightly mangled frontend this is the new tri link set up. on the diff there is a hiem not standard for the kit. we used it in place of the bushing. this is not how the kit is sold.
258333607ukzaiu_ph.jpg

258335986NidhVv_ph.jpg

ac84189c.jpg

do i see a torque converter and an open flywheel?
is that upper link being held together by zip-ties?

just wondering why someone would choose to run with the flywheel exposed like that?

Yup I had a hook to get the really strong like 3/8 wide zip ties but i can't get them any more. I already messed up a cable because it came loose. Not again!! so I used alot of them. seems to work but I need to get the good ones again.

hpi_jeep said:

just wondering why someone would choose to run with the flywheel exposed like that?

I broke the cover for the converter and I havent used it since.

as far as the zip ties they are holing the OX cable.

i put the body washers in there didnt do anything, and no i have not replaced the bolts yet. i dont think that it is the bolts though its only coming from the passenger side. and yes the mounts are definitely welded on there. thanks

hpi_jeep said:

Does it really matter if the flywheel is exposed?and how would you fasten the OX cable if you dont like the zip ties?Not trying to be a dick or anything,just looking for your advice!!!

I would check the bolts to make sure they are not the step downs. do you have the cam bolts??

check again the jam nuts on all the arms make sure you are using a 1 1/8 wrench not plyers or channel locks.

Did you greese the krawler joints. is the upper 3rd link arm bolts tight?

I would even check the track bar and sway bar again.

to bad you couldn't bring it by I could help you out a lot better.

Back