• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road Trip!!

STRYKER

NAXJA Forum User
I'm off this a.m. to pick up this guy....

pasha1-1sm.jpg

http://www.shepherdrescue.org/pages/otherdogs.html

I'll be heading thru C'ville and probably wandering out 250 towards Crozet as well.... I'm looking at another early Ford stepside bed while I'm out there.

Dude, thanks for posting this. I have a 110 lb male and love him to death! I was wondering if there were any rescue shelters in my area and found 'em using that website's links.

Enjoy your new friend! I read his "profile" and he looks like a super dog! I wish I had more land 'cuz I'd go rescue a few more myself!

Ralph said:
Good looking dog. I hope he doesn't have too many "issues", or at least can be trained out of them.

RR3

Got him home and he's good as gold. Went for a walk amongst my horses, and he's a little enthusiastic to get right under them, so a little socialization is in order. He snapped at another dog, so I'll make him walk amongst other dogs until he figures out that getting along with them is really no big deal.

He's very responsive and wants to please. He's also very intelligent and has picked up a few new tricks so far.

Still to come....the incomparable "high five"...

thorwave.jpg

I just got a long haired 5 year old male from a breeder about 3 months ago. (the original owners moved to an apartment and couldn't keep him) I love him, We have had Boxers, Labs, Shitsuzs sp? and all sorts of dogs. And Sheps are the best. They have so much empathy, he knows how I feel. In fact he is sitting in the hallway watching me type this And excellent protection instinct. There is a reason they use them for law enforcement and search and rescue.

Hunter-Lynchburg said:
dillinger, not sure if its too late or not but im an hour from that area. gimme a pm if you have time to drink a beer.

Hunter

I'm aware of Lynchburg..... Know any Crowell's there?

This was Saturday. I was trying to meet w/ Tim Smith in that area....but alas, the weather wasn't even cooperating for that.
We had a bit of clear sky for the majority of the trip back if I left as soon as possible... and Pasha got home in a relatively dry state.

I'd have liked to have had the time to sit down and talk to ya....
Beer has been off the menu since 2000. I just arrived at the point where I could do equally as well w/ a fountain drink. The hystamines in beer just kill my sinuses. :(

PNW01XJ said:
And Sheps are the best. They have so much empathy, he knows how I feel. In fact he is sitting in the hallway watching me type this And excellent protection instinct. There is a reason they use them for law enforcement and search and rescue.

;) ;)

Back