• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

revolver shackles....

HI guys, no problem, l just wanted to understand why on my Cherokee in twist way my revolvers doesn't open like l want, or how they had to work. Anyway do you know why? Thank for every answers and no problem for the joke ;-)

Gasoline said:
HI guys, no problem, l just wanted to understand why on my Cherokee in twist way my revolvers doesn't open like l want, or how they had to work. Anyway do you know why? Thank for every answers and no problem for the joke ;-)

Its basic geometry. usually when the revolver is openning up, the opposite wheel on the same axle is trying to keep it closed. the forces that the obstacle exerts on the system is what makes it open. So when the axle twists one side is trying to open and the other side is being forced closed and trying to force the open side closed. So very seldom would you ever see the revolver opened more than 50% to 75%

The reason they don't open fully when flexing has to do with the amount of twisting force on the spring. I have only seen them open fully when the rig ahead of me hit a rock with the front diff going down a hill that stopped him dead. It caused him to almost roll end over end, his rig just sat there with the shackles fully opened. I pulled him back so his suspension came back down and so he could avoid the rock. He swore by them until the and has switched to greasable 1.5" lift shackles. He lost very little flex and gained a whole bunch of stability. He has lockers front and rear so there is no change on the trail. It's just not the ramp queen it used to be.

Gasoline said:
Thank you very much TNT, l understood very well, but now my doubts are, how this user in this his link his revolers works: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49645&highlight=revolver

Do you know him?

If you lift up yours in the rear the same time on both sides your revolvers will also open up all the way, unless your shocks are too short, or you have a swaybar there, or your ebrake cables are restricting it.....or

Rock, l know what you mean, but l already said that in my case l had to unmount the shock,and the ebrake and cable are long enough. But if you see in other his pictures, with his Cherokee in twist way, you can see his revolvers works almost all open. Maybe he used some fexible leaf shakle then the stock.

Back