• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rev Limiters

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Well it finally happened. My 4.0L bit the dust this weekend, after 260,000+ miles. Luckily I have a nearly completed stroker in my garage. ;) Anyway, with my new engine, and cam selection I can not take the engine past 4900 rpm's. I just spent a lot of money and would like to set up a rev limiter as extra insurance. What woul be the best way to go about this? What options do I have besides an MSD ignition controller? I really wish it was possible to play with the renix computer.

There are several companies that make what you need....check the Jegs catalog...but the MSD is in some cases cheaper...and is time proven reliable...my experience has been that they stand behind their products...the huge effective dwell time helps too...

MSD

MSD makes a good product and the 6AL box would be a good choice. MSD also offers other RPM related control devices.

http://www.msdignition.com/

from website

RPM Activated Switches
These RPM Activated Switches will perform a variety of different functions from turning on a bulb or solenoid to activating an MSD Timing Computer at a desired rpm.
The RPM Activated Switch, PN 8950, has two activation wires; one to ground a circuit and the other to open a circuit. Simply plug in an rpm module and wire the Switch to the circuit you want to activate. When the engine rpm reaches that amount, the circuit is activated and will remain on until the rpm falls below that amount.

Something like this could be wired in to cut power at a certain RPM.

MSD has a good product. I highly recommend them.

They also make a Soft Touch Rev Control that is the same rev limiter that is used with the ignitions but as a stand alone rev limiter only.

Your can buy 'pill' sets in 200 RPM increments to set your limit.

Back