• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing motor mounts

i think im not gonna flip it.finding these o rings sux.one jeep place says he has some but not all 3 another says he has a kit but cant ensure it will work on a 91.stupid simple things like this seem to happen all the time with me.do you think i have a good chance of reusing the old ones?are these available at a parts store?

vetteboy said:
Hmm. I didn't have to remove the filter or adapter to do my motor mounts.

Mine is a right-angle adapter that points the filter towards the back of the vehicle. I dunno if that's stock or not but I never changed it in the 8 years I've owned it. Weird.

me either. yay for 94's!

markg said:
i think im not gonna flip it.finding these o rings sux.one jeep place says he has some but not all 3 another says he has a kit but cant ensure it will work on a 91.stupid simple things like this seem to happen all the time with me.do you think i have a good chance of reusing the old ones?are these available at a parts store?

They are dealer only o-rings, I'll see if I can dig up the PNs tonight after work. You definitely won't be able to reuse the old ones if it's leaking at all right now, and I wouldn't chance it even if it's fine. They are probably hard as a rock.

thanks
apparently the 3 in the kit form are different than the 3 seperate ones and 1991 was the yr they changed.ill buy all just to make sure i have everything to do this properly.pns would be great if you can dig them up.thanks!

ill be doing this 2moro.just thought u might want to know that those 3 little orings cost me 13 bux from the dealer

I have the DayStar poly mounts on the motor and trany. In the 94 I had, the trany mount would vibrate real bad but it doesn't do it at all in the 96. I think it was the torque converter in the 94 that made it run rough.
It doesn't vibrate at all anymore. I haven't had an issue running poly at all and would recomend it if you wheel regularly.
When selecting rubber mounts, make sure there are no gaps in the metal inner sleeves. Or it will eat them up real quick.

Back