• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replaced CPS...still no start

good luck man,....if it doesn't work I have a good pull start briggs and stratton (12 horse) off my lawn mower we can drop in that baby!!! LOL

In the morning I will ask some of the guys at the shop, they're all "OLD" jeep guys (I mean really old, we're talking willys here) and let them brainstorm. Maybe they can give you an answer, or some things to check

Cool that B&S should give me good gas milage!!! Thanks alot for all of your help. Ill post up tomarrow after I check the timing.

Last edited:
Check the Compression and see what kind of readings you're getting. If you don't have a

compression gage, take a Sparkplug out and put something over the hole, like a ratchet handle

or such thats so large that it can't be sucked into the eng and turn the motor over and see if

you get a healthy puff of air coming out on the compression stroke. The compression stroke will

be when NO valves are open thus the only place for compressed air to go is thru the sparkplug

hole. It should be near like 100 LBS psi blast of air. If it's weak, I would suspect Cylinder Washout or some call it washdown.

Before cranking the eng over, disconnect the wire from the Ballast or resistor OR pull a fuse
for the fuel pump. IE; dis-able injectors.
There's a few threads here about cyl washout and the cure.

If it is a case of cyl washout post back if you don't know how to cure it. Hope this helps.

Back