• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix vacuum cluster/CCV to intake?

HenryKrinkle

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering if anyone knows if the large plastic tube from the valve cover to the air intake affects/connects to any of the other smaller tubes in that cluster block. I'd like to route my CCV directly from the valve cover to the intake, bypassing that cluster.

The main problem is the big elbow/grommet is shot and I don't want to spend $50 on a whole new cluster when the rest of them are fine. The grommet/elbow's end was all boogery and falling apart so I whittled it down to fit inside. It does fit, but is a little too short and is pulling the cluster out of it's mount.

Maybe I'll get the elbow for the HO and just run a straight hose over to the intake. Just an idea- will it work ok?

Yep. It's just a connector for the 2 halves of the vacuum manifold. You can directly connect each end and eliminate the junction.

You could buy just the 1/2 of the vacuum harness you need, $23.99 at NAPA.

Some prefer to replace the entire hard plastic OEM harness with rubber vacuum lines--makes a very clean upgrade.

look in the photo section for "celean renix" or some such, that guy used airbrake lines and it was real clean.

Back