• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix tps extra ground

my2monkeys

NAXJA Member
With my dvom back probing 3 wire connector, key off, extra ground hooked up . I read less than 1ohm, Koeo ,reads 1ohm. When I remove extra ground at this point(stock configuration) it reads 9ohms.

Is the 9ohms coming from the ECU? It must be, and is 9ohms anything to be concerned about? I don't know things when your talking electrical .

This is Cruisers tip I'm following, probably did it wrong:twak:

The TPS ground wire goes to the grounding point at the dipstick. I'd leave the extra ground for good measure and clean up the dipstick ground point.

I've also noticed some of those ground wires are crimped and taped in the harness near the top of the firewall roughly above the heater hoses. Literally crimped together and taped without a barrel or anything, from the factory. I like to open that up and do a proper crimp or solder and shrink tubing.

With my dvom back probing 3 wire connector, key off, extra ground hooked up . I read less than 1ohm, Koeo ,reads 1ohm. When I remove extra ground at this point(stock configuration) it reads 9ohms.

Is the 9ohms coming from the ECU? It must be, and is 9ohms anything to be concerned about? I don't know things when your talking electrical .

This is Cruisers tip I'm following, probably did it wrong:twak:

this test indicates that the factory ground wire has excess resistance, hence you should clean up that ground point, or permanently install that extra ground wire. 9000 ohms is way too much 1 ohm or less is much better.

this assumes the wire you are probing in the 3 wire connector is indeed a ground wire.

what 3 pin connector are you probing?

Back