• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix radiator cap hose mod?

You can find the same "T" type radiator cap fitting on V-6 Dakota's in the early 2000 models. My sis has one on hers so it would be a nice/cheap JY upgrade.

Mike I have switched my RENIX over to a "open" system but it was out of necessity. I had to buy a new radiator due to a puncture so I just got a 96 model 2 core.

The closed system is fine but the open system does require less burping during maintenance.

I know this is an old thread but I just tried the dodge inline filler neck and it does not work on XJ's. The dodge filler neck is for 1.5" rad hose.

holy old thread Batman! I think the reservoir bottle from a 93ish volvo is a much easier fix

I know this is an old thread but I just tried the dodge inline filler neck and it does not work on XJ's. The dodge filler neck is for 1.5" rad hose.

IIRC the Renix jeep inlet is 1.25"

I replaced my OEM overflow bottle with one from a 90's Dodge Intrepid. The bottle is a different shape, but when you remove the original bottle and its mounting bracket, it bolts right to the firewall shelf in the original position with 2 sheet metal screws.
the Intrepid bottle is made of HEAVY nylon and has a standard Mopar pressure cap, looks neater also........

Back