• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix no spark help

You should have three or four relays on the passenger's side fenderwell.

If four, the first relay, starting from the front, is the a/c clutch relay. Second relay is the power latch relay (power latch relay for Renix, later models aka ASD relay), third relay is the fuel pump relay, and the last relay (nearest the firewall) is the oxygen heater relay.

so here's were I'm at now .
i changed out the relay 'ended up being the fuel pump relay and all of the suddenly i had fuel pressure with the key on , i was thinking that's great problem fixed .nope went to start and nothing . i tough that the battery was dead . so i changed out the batt and nothing no clicking of the starter or anything ,and now no fuel pressure with the key on . ......
so I'm thinking that i may have killed the starter relay trying to start it .I'm going to replace it again .my question is can i run the ground on the starter relay straight to ground ?I'm thinking that the ground wire might be bad and that's whats causing my problems . or am i off track ?
i also got some new relays and I'm going to replace the ignition switch just in case i messed it up .
thanks for your help.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but it might mess with the NSS on an auto equipped XJ. Or the NSS uses that to prevent the engine from cranking by denying a ground to the starter relay.

Back