• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix issue (hot restart, closed loop)

It was a very strange failure. Started cold everytime perfectly. Warm restart was where the issue showed up. The most interesting part of it was trying to diagnose it, you could stand there on the 1st start as it heated up. It would suddenly change tone and run slightly worse. Once this happened it would not restart. If it hadn't happened yet, it would restart fine. Once you got it running on the 2nd restart it would idle at 3k.

I had a bad Renix IAT intake air temp sensor do that to me. But it was mostly the high idle as it got hotter problem and then hard to start. I forget it if was hard to start cold or hot. But the idle was fine cold and would run up 2200 rpm hot.

I still get a 2ohm restistance on ground on all locations, even at the new 5V splice.
If you short your meter leads together, what do you get? That 2 ohms may be partly in your test leads/meter.

Back