• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix gurus in Jacksonville?

k.smith904

NAXJA Forum User
I can't, for the life of me, figure out whats wrong with my 87. I've changed everything that I thought would cause my no-start issue, but my symptoms remain. I'm curious if theres anyone in the Jacksonville area that wouldn't mind coming over to help me diagnose the problem over a few beers.

Whaddya say?

did u also post in the oem forum for help and list all parts changed? n/m just read some of your last posts wish i could help ya but im clueless on renix

Last edited:
mine was doing the same thing. turned out to be a loose connection on the pump resistor. (the one on the drivers fender in front of the air cleaner)

Heres one, does it turn over? Sometimes mine won't start turn over or nothing I have to wiggle the shifter or put it in neutral before it will start.

Mine would crank just fine but never would start. I did a simple trick that I remembered reading here. I unplugged and replugged the CPS (crank position sensor) and it fired right up. I went ahead and replaced it that weekend and it's cured the problem. I guess the terminals can get a little corrosion on them. The plug is at the back of the valve cover on the drivers side.

Back