• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removal of Cruise Control components

Quills

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 Jeep Cherokee inline 6, 4 liter 5 spd manual. The Cruise control operation on the vehicle doesn't work and I really have no desire to fix it at all and wish to clean up my engine compartment. If anybody could give me a list of things that need to be removed and where and then tell me if this will effect my vehicle operation regarding vacuum lines, sensors or whatever that would be great! How will it effect gas milage? Thank you! Also, A/C pump is unasable as well and the same goes for it too. Well I still be able to use defroster and heater without A/C? I already have plans of purchasing an A/C bypass pulley.

Well, there's no real issue in remoivng the A/C....especially if it doesn't work. Yes, it does help to defrost your window.....but if it doesn't work anyway, there's no difference.

Besides, some vehicles have no A/C from the factory. Not so much these days - but you get the point.

I removed the cruise from my 96. It did not affect any thing. Just had to plug 1 vac. line. The cruise canister on mine was on the LH side looking at the engine. It has a cable going to the throttle body. Unhook the cable there. Plug the vac. line & disconnect the electrical plug. Then unbolt it. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins. JIM.

Back