• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remanufactured Cylinder Head (0630 Casting)

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a remanufactured cylinder head from Clearwater a month ago to replace what I thought was a cracked head. Regardless if the old head was cracked or not, I checked the compression once I bolted this down and three of the cylinders were bad. The other three had a compression of 160psi. The head was never "run" only cranked. I paid $260 for it, but would like to get $230. Would prefer local pick-up in Raleigh but if you would like to pay the shipping I suppose I can let it go for $260 and bite the bullet on shipping...

Either pm me here or you can email me, which will go straight to my phone: tbhull at ncsu dot edu.

Thanks

Anyone, this thing is practically brand new. Never run before, simply bolted down and removed.

Yep its gone. Thanks though.

thanks for the quick reply....looking at your jeep, I think you sold me your rims a few years ago...did you have any machine work done on your block when you pulled the head???...curious if you recommend a local machine shop.

If they were Canyon rims with 30" BFG A/Ts then I probably did, granted that would have been 6 or so years ago. I picked up a '96 Cherokee classic with a blown motor. I was going to swap out the head thinking it was cracked but three cylinders had awful compression so I sourced a Stroker for a great price and dropped that in... So to answer your question I don't know of a good machine shop first hand but some guys on my BMW forum have recommended Cylinder Head Specialties.

Here's the thread from NCEuro:
http://nceuro.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16167

Back