• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relocating to JAX

David95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Any North Florida/South GA wheelers?

I'm getting ready to move to JAX here in about a month...i was wondering if it is worth bringing my XJ down there (strictly wheelin and occasional leisure driving).

I know there aren't going to be the rocks of VA, but are there public trails?

Can you point me in the right direction?

Uwharrie and Tellico are the best places to wheel the mountains. Tellico being the best. By the time you drive to URE you could have driven to Tellico and it is much beter.

There are a couple of Members and Guests in Jax.. You should bring the Jeep even if the good spots aren't close and the close spots aren't good, sand or mud, we try and get out one a month.

Besides Tellico, we head up to River Rock which is about 4 hours away in GA, also a new park just opened in Ocala FL, it's pretty tame right now but we are working with the owner to set it up for us.

When you planing on coming down?
Shoot me a PM I can get you some local contact numbers

Cool, i mean i love my jeeps had 2 cherokees up until about 6 months ago. My '04 F-150 has been nothing but a head ache.

More Florida stuff:
Can we run doorless legally on cherokees?
How are the lift laws? tires?

Sorry for not doing research easier to get it from the source. I'm planning to head down there first of August or so.

David95XJ said:
Cool, i mean i love my jeeps had 2 cherokees up until about 6 months ago. My '04 F-150 has been nothing but a head ache.

More Florida stuff:
Can we run doorless legally on cherokees?
How are the lift laws? tires?

Sorry for not doing research easier to get it from the source. I'm planning to head down there first of August or so.

Doorless is ok as long as you have a two mirrors, Review and Drivers or Driver and Passenger,
Pretty lax on the lift laws, they have them but never heard of anyone getting pulled over or ticketed for that. got a buddy with a Tahoe on 53's and no fenders run's around all the time on the street and never a ticket

No state inspection here either

Now Mud on the jeep is a different story, if your in the National Forest and have mud on the Jeep expect a ticket for going through the wetlands.

get on Floridajeepers.net there are rides posted there and alot of Jville people there...as well as other FLorida people..
BTW p!atinum you have a pm on FJOA.

P1atinum said:
There are a couple of Members and Guests in Jax.. You should bring the Jeep even if the good spots aren't close and the close spots aren't good, sand or mud, we try and get out one a month.

Besides Tellico, we head up to River Rock which is about 4 hours away in GA, also a new park just opened in Ocala FL, it's pretty tame right now but we are working with the owner to set it up for us.

When you planing on coming down?
Shoot me a PM I can get you some local contact numbers

New Park in Ocala??? Gimme info Please!!! Ocala is only about a hour and a half from me...

there is a new 4x4 section At hardRock MX park...its small and in the stages of being "made" still early on in the project..its north Ocala area i believe

Well, some of us Fl. guys need to put together a trip up....I've never face to face met another NAXJA member...

Muddawg

Ya need to make to one of the events, I was planning on the crawl this year but things came up, something in the fall like the flog or ??

I am also looking at another trip to River Rock before the end of the summary I will let you know.

Back