• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

relays under d/side dash area?

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
Have the lower part of the dash on the mj(renix) off right now. In messing around under the driver's side area near the fusebox, I found two relays just hanging from the harness. There's a smaller white one, which being only a three terminal, I'm assuming is the horn relay(horn itself is dead-full of mud/can't test my theory).
The other one looks like a standard relay, and it's blue.
Anyone know what the blue one controls?

Note from DJ
These might be the relays in question.

Horn Relay is white and generally squashed up and almost behind the upper left corner of the fuse box and taped to harness. And it has 3 terminals.

Rear Window Defogger Relay is under instrument panel, to right of steering column below cigarette lighter. And it has 5 terminals.

Not sure on a RENIX, but one of them on a 97+ is the combo flasher module. Just had to replace mine.

Try hitting the horn button and see if the relay clicks?

White one is horn relay.
On a renix, the flasher and hazard are separate round (typically silver), 2 prong modules.
Blue sounds like for rear defrost or maybe for the rear wiper switch? The relay in my hatch for wiper is blue.

I don't think an MJ harness would have either of those in it... not sure what it would be, though.

thanks for the ideas.
the truck is manual everything. no power windows/seats/mirrors, no defrost, etc.
i'm 99% sure the white is the horn relay, but i can't imagine what the blue one is for.
they're within a few inches of each other up above the ebrake assembly.

Back