• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

regrease a wheel hub bearing

I'll give you half credit:greensmok

hub assby is same through '89 (Renix was through '90)

I have heard that the earlier version is rebuildable with some work, but I've not had the opportunity to try it yet.
I stand corrected... good to know! I checked rockauto and it does seem they sell replaceable bearings and seals for the 89-down style hubs.

I wonder if it would be possible to combine them with a custom height knuckle spacer and WJ knuckles to produce a fully rebuildable WJ steering/brake swap? Probably not worth the time/money but I'm gonna have to see how it would work out. Might also need a rotor spacer or a different rotor with a different hat height...

I just replaced a rotor on my 88 MJ, it was simple. There are two sets of bearings and the races are pressed into the rotor.

the 2wd and 4wd front hub/spindle setup is different up through about 92 or 93. My 2wd 91 was the same way.

Any steel recycling place will take the hubs. They may even give you a few cents for them as well as any scrap metal sitting around.

Yep, when I dropped in to recycle 3 old hubs, the guy said 'do you think you have 100 lbs worth?'
Can you imagine having gone through that many hubs?!
I told him that we had better keep this one off the books.
The paper the receipt would have been printed on was more valuable.

Back