• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird trail clean up - May 14th

Re: Redbird trail clean up

As soon as I can get the time to yank my bumper, t case front and rear springs and reinstall it all on my new one. I'm trying to get some buddies to meet me at the shop one Saturday or Sunday to handle it all lol

Last year it was at the end of May. If we want to keep it at the end of May it would be the 28th. I rotate back around to working weekends in May, but if we can nail down a date I will put in for it.

For those that don't know what Redbird cleanup is all about, the MWC adopted Trail 21 at Redbird SRA in Dugger, IN (http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4225.htm). As part of the adoption agreement we run the trail twice a year picking up trash, repairing the trail, etc. As an incentive to do the trail cleanups the DNR allows up to ride for free for the day.

More info:

Camping will be at Redbird Station. This is a privately owned campground that is funded by donations made by campers. They do NOT have a set fee, just a box for you to put money in. Every bit that is contributed is put back into the campground to provide a nice place for folks to stay while at Redbird. I always give them at least what I would pay at the Badlands campground. They also sell T-shirts and stickers to help fund the place. The MWC made a contribution last year to help pay for concrete to the bathrooms, which are nice.

You do not need a reservation. I have contacted them tho to let them know that we are coming. You can contact them on Facebook as they have a page there.

There is electricity, it is a bit limited, bring a 100 ft cord and you should be ok.

Redbird station is located at CR 350N and CR 1550W in Dugger, IN. If you google Redbird station, it will show up in the mapping. The address listed is 3475 N 1550W, Dugger, IN, as I recall it wouldn't go into my GPS like that, can't remember exactly what I had to put in to map it.

So, if you are taking I70 from wherever, to the Brazil exit and coming down SR 59 to SR 54:

PS, these directions were written for me, so you may need to adjust the exit off of I70 or route that you would take if not coming from the east.

54 West towards Dugger. Before you get to town, turn Right (North) on County Road 1500 W. There should be a sign for Redbird SRA. There will be a road that T's in from the left, turn on that road (CR 350 N) and follow it to the campground. You will pass the park entrance before you get to the campground.

OR: You can turn Right (North) on CR 1550 W from SR 54 and take it directly to the campground. (Not a recommended route for RVs/big trailers.)

Park entrance on the right (red), campground to the left (yellow)

Also attached to this post is the volunteer service form that everyone will be required to fill out. I will have some extra copies on hand in case you forget to print one off and bring it with you.

mac 'your regularly scheduled information post' gyvr

Redbird2016_zpsdcqclty9.jpg

Attachments

• Redbird2015.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

If you never ran trail 21, the place where you have to reverse to go down a hill, if you don't get close enough to a tree, you are in for a fun time or even more fun time if you don't stop and don't move an inch while waiting for a secure line. Next time, I am asking for a spotter.

But will there be any ass sammiches served at the campground???

But will there be any ass sammiches served at the campground???

probably but I will guarantee some 90's pop music and dancing by the pretend sean r around the camp fire

Redbird trail clean up

I challenge everyone to not dance to aob, I don't think it's possible.

I say that in honor of Flex, there is to be random windshield pissing at freewill. I may try and make it out this year, but will have to see what dates work since we are doing family vacation in May and anniversary trip in June, then SeanR's in July...dates are filling up quick.

The 28th is memorial day weekend this year if that matters to anyone. Somehow last year memorial day wasn't the last weekend of the month.

When will Rew's kids have a birthday party? That's the important weekend to avoid!

mac 'trying to not get hurt at work' gyvr

SeanR's Spring bon fire is the May 21st....
If we can squeeze it in, we will be there!

SeanR, Cheezeman, Hobag big ol nasty spoon!

that would look like a spoon that was left in day old chili then dropped on the floor of a barber shop......

Back