• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Rocket

sick bumper! but do you just have it mounted to the factory 8 bolts? I would rethink that if u plan on using it for recovery at all. Couldnt really tell from the pics, looks awesome tho

Hey thanks man. I never was either, but on my chop top I had previously I had a place for the tire. But I don't want to carry a 33" spare inside, or on the roof so it only left me with one option. I figured I'd build it and use it for a while and see how it feels

WHEN you decide you're tired of it, I'll trade you for my rear bumper.... :D

Yeah any plans to cut and fold and add a little piece to wrap around?

I love the look of the dirtbound cut and fold bumper and the new(ish) or fab 'comp cut' (lol cut and fold) wouldn't be hard to do

Yessir I plan on doing the cut and fold and extending the bumper out. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Started on some sliders today. Kinda nice, I had enough material laying around in my garage to make a set of sliders

The square tube was ~$50 for 20 ft. I only used about 10' though. And the main 3x4 tubing, I don't remember how much it was. But probably not more than $50. The spindle assembly was like $35 online if I remember right. And I got those shackle tabs free from a friend. But he sells those for $20 for the pair. Soooooo probably about $120 in materials? And I had the rest of the plate and other material at my place already.

Got some progress on the sliders made today.
8u7e4a5a.jpg

u2umyhyq.jpg
e8anasyn.jpg

In that picture it's sitting flat, but it'll have a little up sweep to it.
7e3umymy.jpg

nene3y5a.jpg

3uteryse.jpg

They are:

- 2x2x.120 square box for the main slider bar
- 1.5x.120 round tube for the outside and brace pieces
- 2x1x.120 for the slider to frame pieces.

Pretty much the same setup I had for the sliders on my '93, and when I built those I was worried about them not holding up to the abuse, especially with only two stand off bars. But those proved plenty worthy, so I am not worried about these at all. I'll gusset where the stand off bars are welded to the sliders, and I'll weld a 1/4" plate to the ends of the bars, gusset those and then weld the plates to my ruffstuff stiffeners just like on the '93. I should have them on tomorrow, I can't wait!

Hey also I could use some input guys. I would like to clock my tcase up with the IRO jig I have, I still haven't done it. I'm worried about the angle it'll put on my front driveline though. I already have front driveline cibrations, and I think it's the slip yoke park of my driveline, and partially the pinion angle. I don't have enough mula go buy a new driveline yet. I'll get pics of the driveline angle tomorrow. And maybe one of ya could chime in on how much higher you think it could go?

Thanks Caleb, I made it mostly out of scrap I had and an extra bottle jack and some harbor freight casters. It's super beefy. The top plate is 1/4"

Hey I need some help on my turn signals, brakes isssue. This is what's happening:

Turn on running lights: only passenger side comes on.

Turn on headlights:
Only passenger side running lights still, plus headlights.

Turn on passenger turn signal:
Rear and front work

Drivers:
Rear and front work

Driver Turn signal plus brake:
Stalls the turn signal, brake lights come on.

Passenger turn signal plus brake:
Lights up rear drivers turn signal and brake lights, passenger turn signal stays blinking. Front drivers turn signal does not come on.

I looked at the flasher relay and it's still working. What else should I look into?

The wires going into the back hatch look like this
jumy9e5u.jpg

u7y6yneb.jpg

They've been like that since I got the rig. And my drivers side marker lights have never worked since I've gotten the rig. I know it's not the front bulbs because I've taken them out and swapped to the other side and they all still work. I can't take my tail light housing off cause my bumper is too close :p but all the bulbs do what they are supposed to do, so do you think they could be causing this problem?

Any advice would be very helpful, I'm not sure where to go from here

Slider look great!

Lighting issue sucks! Hope you get it figured out, my guess would be bad wires somewhere (like you pictured).... I don't remember seeing if you had a trailer hitch or not, if you do, and have a trailer light plug/box I'd start there...

I don't have a trailer hitch, but I do have wires spliced into my tail lights for a 4 pin trailer connector. It was like that when i got it, I'll take a look at those tomorrow. And thanks! I'm happy with the sliders so far. I'm going out in a couple weeks so I'll get to see how they handle the rocks.

Back