• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Elephant Hill 10/9/10

Well Fawk! Went to change my Pads and Rotors this evening, only to discover my passenger side caliper was leaking. Look at the watch and its 10 after 9, so everything is closed. There goes my Red Elephant trip. Went and picked up a new caliper this morning, got everything buttoned up, and everything is frozen, Jeep won't move. After looking closer, Vatozone (just a reminder why I usually shop at Napa), sold me a replacement for the composite type, and mine uses a cast type. Until researching, I wasn't aware Jeep switched from composite to cast in mid 99. Well now I know.

Sorry guys for having to back out at the last minute, trust me I would have rather been wheeling. Hope you guys have a great time, post pics so I can be jealous.

We ended up going to Middle Saint Vrain/ Coney Flats and then went to on to Lefthand. It was an interesting day to say the least. Hopefully we can get a trip report up soon.

Back