• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recrute a Friend Get a Prize?

Well from what i gather so far. incentives have been tried befor and dident work well. so thats out.

Buisness card/flyers. good ideah but not too productive.

Noob Fest and Meet and Greets. Good ideah.

My origonal post stemed from a lack of local wheelers."my local" there are plenty of people in the populated areas to hookup with. Portland/vanc. seattle/tacoma/puget sound area. but for me at least. its sparcly populated in the midvalley Area for NAXJA folks. and im constantly serching for an extra hand on the XJ or a partner for a wheeling trip.

we set up a noob run in the PDX / Vanc area this year and a ton of people showed up. Although the first section of Fire Break 5 proved to much for them and most had broken or decided to head home.

this is deffinately something we can and will do again !

i think archers in the wet seision would be a good place to start the noobs off. FB5 was a little much on my first run with you all.

I think this thread has pointed out just how badly we need another meet and greet...I vote the next prez or vice prez does that. :thumbup: Next to that, we obviously need more organized runs. Maybe we should set-up someone who is designated as a "trail run coordinator" like someone in Wa, and another in Or...?

And while we're talking about wheeling, I think lately (myself included) a lot of people have focused on harder runs where rigs are required with lockers and such. I remember how hard it was to find people who wanted to run with me when my rig was open/open with a 3" lift and 31s, and that was only a year ago. Granted I did find some runs (Michael, I think the clean up you planned was by far my best/first real wheeling experience) but to start out I ended up hoping in other guy's rigs. I think this is especially the case this time of year when the snow is falling in the mountains, however it should be noted that with ANY run going on, even if your rig isn't capable enough to participate it doesn't mean you can't ride shotgun with someone!

In regards to the age thing mentioned earlier, don't let that get to you. I joined this forum just before I turned 17, as I was given my first Jeep (the white one I flopped) for my 17th b-day. I still went out on runs and ran shotgun with people and such...and once I turned 18 I paid the membership dues and became an "official" member. For the record, I'm only 18 yet I'm out wheeling with everyone else on here fairly regularly (and I'm not the only young gun in this chapter who wheels regularly).

~Scott

Last edited:
Back