• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recommendations on adj track bars... I need one

HillbillyLes

NAXJA Forum User
I need an adjustable track bar for my 94 XJ. It originally had a 4"/3" Trailmaster lift which instructs to use the stock track bar and drill a hole in the axle bracket to make it fit. That worked fine but when the stock rear leafs with the 3" add-a-leaf started to sag a bit, I went with a set of RE 4.5 springs in the rear and added 1.25 inches to the front via a poly spacer.

It now sits roughtly 5" over stock but I had to flex the passenger side up a bit to get the track bar to fit, even in the 4" lift mount hole so I know is only a matter of time until something wears out or breaks.

Since this is my first XJ, I am looking for recommendations or opinions on which of the various brands of adjustable track bars everyone uses or prefers.

I do 95% driving on the highway daily with any offroading ususlly pretty docile and slow...hunting or exploring type. Though I do want something that will hold up should I decide to push the envelope.

Thanks, in advance...

Les

I'll put in my vote for the JKS adj. track bar, I havent heard much about JKS's new telescoping trackbar, but it might be worthwhile to look into that too

So far between you, a friend who's on his 3rd or 4th XJ and a couple of parts dealers who sell various brands, it appears JKS is the running favorite...actually unanimous, so far.

I'll check into the telescoping version, though sounds like is a league or two above what I would need in any forseeable future.

Thanks the input,
Les

Don't bother with Rusty's track bar. Got mine and it is too long. Even with removing the jam nut, it is still an inch too long.

Ordered it with the drop bracket, and brace as a system. Specifically told him I was running 6.5" lift...Actually 7" measured.

The cost of shipping it back...being down a week or more etc is more than taking it to the local maching shop and having them chop and weld it for me.

I have no idea WTF Rusty is thinking when he puts out this JUNK!!...This track bar should have fit a 3" lift and I am at 7".

Last time I order from him for sure....and not to mention my Adjustable UCAs clunk like a mother on every bump....And its not the holes that are the problem on the frame...its the UCAs.

Got mine from Rusty's too. Same set up as Bouncy, but for 3.5 lift and everything went fine. I was surprised how my turning radious went back to normal. I already had rusty's bent LCA to stop the 31's from rubbing w/stock 7" rims but they still rubed the stop at lock to lock.

im about to get the rubicon express HD track bar with the HD frame mount because im soo extremely sick of death wobble because of my crappy ass rough country track bar. its expensive but i think its well worth it.

I run a TnT 5"-7" heavy duty trac-bar system. They have multiple lengths available so you can match it to your set-up, or you can even order custom ones.

http://www.tntcustoms.com

I'm sitting at over 7" of lift with LA's and it still allows me plenty of flex.

xjohnnyc said:
I got the TB setup from http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/tbconversion.html which uses a custom JKS trackbar.

And if you send in your old bracket, you can get $35 cash or $55 credit.

It's not Custom, it's a WJ JKS Trac Bar....................:thumbup:

Great setup though, had it on my '94. Would of run it on the '99, but couldn't bring myself to cut into my newly aquired $278 TB setup..............:anon:

Okay, I was just going by what it said on Kevin's site. ;)

This kit includes a modified upper track bar mount and the highest quality track bar that exists, custom built specifically for me by JKS to my specifications

I'm not really a fan of my Rusty's Adj. Track bar. The bushing on the lower end is junk.

My Rusty's Adj. LCA's arn't bad, but my 34x10.50's rub on the passanger side.

I just installed a Teraflex adj. track bar today. I'm happy with it...it cleared up a nasty sound i couldn't quite place...was guessing driveline...which was why i ordered shims (didn't wind up needing them for that).

johnlv6 said:
I just installed a Teraflex adj. track bar today. I'm happy with it...it cleared up a nasty sound i couldn't quite place...was guessing driveline...which was why i ordered shims (didn't wind up needing them for that).

How'd ya like the install?

ECKSJAY said:
How'd ya like the install?

It was good...minus the upper bolt removal. It took a lot of smashing to get it loose (had to get one of those fork pry-bar things :D ). It was a night and day difference in terms of reducing vibrations (which was an unexpected bonus). Thanks for the recommendation/hook-ups.

any more opnions on the tera-flex adj. track bar. i too bought the rustys track bar and it SUCKS. he sent it to me broken, and i had to pay to ship it to him to get it fixed. that mo fo. so im ditching that, gonna eat the $150, and i really like the tera-flex track bar b/c it has the adjusting sleve and one would not have to un bolt it to adjust it. just wondering if anybody els is running it and has any opnions?

Back