• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations on a good 4.5' Xj lift kit HELP PLEASE

That is exactly the same kit I have, but I upgraded a couple of components:
HD track bar + ~$20
HD track bar bracket + ~80
Adjustable lower control arms + ~$30
Don't remember if those prices are right, but the kit came with Rancho 5000 shocks!! Shipping and everything came to just over $900
Might need the SYE, depending on how it does after lifting, but I've seen them more around $300-$400
Track bar is included in the RE kit as well as stainless brake lines front and rear and the generation II sway bar disco's so you should be good if you can get away without the SYE..... Keep in mind that you probably will want it eventually even if you don't have to get it now, but it is recommended...

Boatwrench said:
Here's an RE 3.5 superflex with 30's.
Jeep.jpg

Don't forget the cost of an SYE. ~$450-$500
Not sure if a trac bar is included from RE. ~$250
You can use YJ w/abs rubber hoses for the front line and rear line. ~$100
These were costs after installing my lift.

im hopeing i can get away with out that stuff for now mostly the sye. i have heard that 94+ have more drivelinve vibe than 93 and before. track bar is included and what are the lines you speak of? cause SS brake lines are included not just extentions. im new to this so sry if thats a stupid question.

the RE website has a pic and details its the 4.5 superflex with the full spring packs

Last edited:
xj_toker said:
im hopeing i can get away with out that stuff for now mostly the sye. i have heard that 94+ have more drivelinve vibe than 93 and before. it dosent say that it is included but couldnt i use my stock one for now till i have more money. im not going to go searious wheeling prolly just playing in the mud for now. and what are the lines you speak of? cause SS brake lines are included not just extentions..

I'm at 6", RE 4.5" with 1.5" spacers and I'm still running stock drive shafts on my 90 with NO problems. You will need to get a GOOD alinement from some who works on lifted Jeeps stay away from cheep shops or folks that do just cars.

kleake said:
That is exactly the same kit I have, but I upgraded a couple of components:
HD track bar + ~$20
HD track bar bracket + ~80
Adjustable lower control arms + ~$30
Don't remember if those prices are right, but the kit came with Rancho 5000 shocks!! Shipping and everything came to just over $900
Might need the SYE, depending on how it does after lifting, but I've seen them more around $300-$400
Track bar is included in the RE kit as well as stainless brake lines front and rear and the generation II sway bar disco's so you should be good if you can get away without the SYE..... Keep in mind that you probably will want it eventually even if you don't have to get it now, but it is recommended...

damn dude you got a deal on that kit then.cuse im seeing it for $1006.00 in a few places. and thats w/o shocks. thats another 150. plus shipping. the kit i can get shiped for free. and as for the sye i just cant aford it yet. i do plan on beefing up the drivetrain but again cant afort it yet. in due time

This site, scroll down in the tech section, has part numbers for the hoses needed. Personally I do not like stainless steel lines.
http://www.madxj.com/

That Jeep in my photo is an 88. The pinion angles were off and rather than shim I opted for an SYE.

Tom

I'm not saying that I like my blocks and add-a-leaf but it does flex fairly well and the jeep sits level to the front. The full packs are in the future though

This is from RE's web site, and most places will be similar in price. The 6111 kit is the add a leaf, which is the kit I went with. You will probably want the 6130 kit if you can, but if money is tight like mine was, the 6111 gets you the same kit with AAL instead of the full spring pack which you can upgrade later... You can buy direct from Rubicon Express, and I think you get free shipping, but no shocks, other places will give you free shocks, but you pay shipping so you have to be careful... I bought mine through Sams offroad here in Tulsa dropshipped to my front door, so I even had to pay tax which was part of that $900, but if you are out of state, then you probably won't even have to pay that.... Also, some places you can't modify the kit, but through Sams I did and it only added the "upgrade" price on the parts I wanted. Might be worth a call to check out, as they are good about matching and/or beating most prices. Here is what is in the two kits.

RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit - The 4.5" Super-Flex replaces all your suspension hardware with Rubicon’s top-of-the-line springs, and arms for clearance of 32x11.50 tires. $1,006.95 + S&H DetailsComponentsAdd to Cart
RE6130 Components ComponentQuantity
U-BOLT KIT 2.75"X9.0" 1
CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED 1
CONTROL ARM SR2 UPPER FT FIX 1
Gen2 Sway Bar Disconnects TJ/XJ 2" - 3.5"+ 1
T-CASE LOWERING KIT XJ/ZJ 1
BRAKE LINE SS REAR XJ/ZJ 1
TRACK BAR XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ 3"+ 1
COIL SPRINGS XJ 4.5" 1
3.5" EXTREME DUTY XJ REAR SPRING 2
BUMP STOP 2" FRT XJ/ZJ/TJ 1
SHACKLE XJ REAR 1.25" LIFT 1
U-Bolts YJ Dana 35 Rear 1
BRAKE LINES SS FT XJ/MJ/ZJ/C 1
RE6130.jpg

RE6111 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit - The 6111 kit is an affordable alternative to our RE 6130 4.5" kit. This kit provides the same clearances, but uses an add-a-leaf and lift block for the rear suspension lift. $773.95 + S&H DetailsComponentsAdd to Cart
RE6111 Components ComponentQuantity
T-CASE LOWERING KIT XJ/ZJ 1
BRAKE LINE SS REAR XJ/ZJ 1
CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED 1
CONTROL ARM SR2 UPPER FT FIX 1
Gen2 Sway Bar Disconnects TJ/XJ 2" - 3.5"+ 1
SPRING CLAMP CLIP 2.5" 2
TRACK BAR XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ 3"+ 1
COIL SPRINGS XJ 4.5" 1
BUMP STOP 2" FRT XJ/ZJ/TJ 1
BLOCK & U-BOLT KIT 1.5" 1
5/16" CENTER PIN 1
ADD-A-LEAF KIT XJ 2.5 1
BRAKE LINES SS FT XJ/MJ/ZJ/C 1
RE6111.jpg

i got the Rough Country 4.5 lift on mine, i got a total of 6 inches of lift in the front and a total of 3 in the rear. I bought the kit with the aal and shackle and it wasnt worth a damn. So i had to purchase a full leaf pack and it is alot better than what i had before that. Also my RC kit rode llike a tank.

i mush have put in the wrong part number cause i dont want the AAL, i was planning on the full spring packs.....opps just a lil typo

LOWTECH said:
I'm at 6", RE 4.5" with 1.5" spacers and I'm still running stock drive shafts on my 90 with NO problems. You will need to get a GOOD alinement from some who works on lifted Jeeps stay away from cheep shops or folks that do just cars.

Are you using the same control arms that came with the kit or did you go with adjustable arms when you added the 1.5"?

O.D. said:
Are you using the same control arms that came with the kit or did you go with adjustable arms when you added the 1.5"?

Added adjustable (TERAFLEX) you need to extend the upper & lower arms out 3/4", (upper 15-1/2" center to center and lower 16-1/2" center to center).

O.D. said:
I was affraid of that, guess I'll have to wait.

You can lift it without adjusting the control arms & run 35" tires, however your coil spring will bend back some and it puts your linkage closer to the axel.

For the most part this is no problem, I ran mine for 6 months this way and didn't have any real problems, (springs just like to rub aginst the bump stops and the tie rod end on the passenger side rubs a little aginst the stablizer bracket).

xj_toker said:
whats the benafit of the adjustable controll arms?

As you lift your HEEP the front axel moves back, (see previous post), and the adjustable control arms swivel as you flex which helps reduces the stress on the front end.

Back