• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rearview mirror fell off, gonna get a new one

alright, i wired it up to the visor and can't get the mirror to work

with everything hooked up, the lights in the visor still work fine but the mirror won't turn on. I've triple checked the wiring and it's right, no doubt......and i know the mirror is functional, because it works when i take it out of the vechile and hook a 9V battery to it.

The only thing i can think of is too much of a voltage drop from the battery to the mirror??

Fred85 said:
alright, i wired it up to the visor and can't get the mirror to work

with everything hooked up, the lights in the visor still work fine but the mirror won't turn on. I've triple checked the wiring and it's right, no doubt......and i know the mirror is functional, because it works when i take it out of the vechile and hook a 9V battery to it.

The only thing i can think of is too much of a voltage drop from the battery to the mirror??
Can't be that much drop in voltage. The visor wires are black and brown, the brown one on mine was - and the black one was +. On the mirror I connected wire 1-2 to +black and 3 brown ground.

Back