• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear upper shock mounts

ecgtech said:
I keep hearing drop the bolts in from the top, does that mean that i have to chop up my floor pan or is there another way to get in there? I really don't want to chop the floor pan.

Good solution by Turfzilla
Don't be retarded and hack a whole in your floor, just because you can. There are at least 3 threads regarding this issue with multiple, simple solutions that don't involve a torch, sawzall or grinder........K.I.S.S. method.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=2266528

Last edited:
I just did mine last week when installing the lift kit and Bilsteins . I put a punch in my air hammer and knocked the trashed nuts out in seconds. I then bought 4, 5/16 x either 3/4 or 1" long I think 3/4 . 4 flat washers and 4 lock washers and nuts . Put the flat washer on the bolt and stick the bolt and washer across the end of one of those telescopic magnets and fish it in from the opening along side the holes . no need to cut the floor for this one . Its looks hard but just be patient . After you get a pair in guide the shock in place and once it is seated I twisted the shock so it hold the bolts in place while I get the lock washer and nut on . An extra pair of hands don't hurt. I had read a thread where some one did this but they used 1/4" bolts which I did at first but 1/4" don't even look right they are so small.

curbdog17 said:
get in there and do it
russelscott053.jpg
i know im replying to my own post but this is very easy to do and took less than 1 hour from taking the carpet out to never knowing i was in there. all the other methods sound like a pain in the azz.
K.I.S.S. tell me this is not simple.

curbdog17 said:
i know im replying to my own post but this is very easy to do and took less than 1 hour from taking the carpet out to never knowing i was in there. all the other methods sound like a pain in the azz.
K.I.S.S. tell me this is not simple.

What the heck is difficult about using an air chisel for ten seconds, then dropping the bolts in through the opening in the frame rail? There is no reason to cut holes in the floor and carpet, other than lack of insightfullness.

Do it right:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=934954&page=2

Last edited:
Back