• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seat Headrest done

sleestack

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 7 year old daughter so the fact that the back seat have no headrests has been bothering me. I looked at the headrest install someone did and it looked great but I live in an apartment in NYC so welding was out of the question.

I looked at all over ebay and then I found it. I found a pair of black leather bmw e30 headrests with the attachment bracket. The headrests were in good condition and swivel.

To install all I did was take the seat apart, center the headrests, drill four holes and add some washers to even things out and distrubute the force over a wider area. The headrest came with the plastic fabric guides to make the project even cleaner. The project was suprisingly easy.

I have it installed and all that is left to do is dye the black leather to match the gray interior. I wish I had somewhere to host the pictures I took of the fabrication.

Back