• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seat crossmember

hdis2002

NAXJA Forum User
New to the forum, so Hello everyone! I have recently acquired my first xj. Known affectionately as Project Rustbucket. I'm cutting out the floors and am having a little trouble finding a few parts. BTW it's a 95 4 door Country. The crossmember under the rear seat had to go and I tore it up pretty good getting it out. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone that makes a replacement. Anyone know a supplier for this particular part? I don't think this existed prior to 95, but not sure.

In my 92, there's a piece of vertical sheet steel (with cutouts and a folded upper face to create stiffness) that runs the width of the vehicle, and sits just behind the front edge of the rear seat cushion. My front carpet follows up that from the floor and covers the top flat. Is this what you're referring to, or something else?

Is there enough left to make a template from to reproduce it ?

The part should be the same from early years right through 2001. Stop by the local junkyard and see if they have any donors.

Back