• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Main Seal When Replacing Clutch

Gotta love bumping a 2 year old thread just to be wrong

Gotta love bumping a 2 year old thread just to be wrong

Not only that, it appears he joined the forum just for that purpose.

Makes no sense at all.

Unless of course that is the root issue.

The 2.8 V6 used in the Jeeps had a rope seal in the mid 80s!!

Just for informations sake, Buster my 86, had a one piece lip seal.

Uh huh......;)

Stupidest thing I've read in a long time. You do know the engine isn't held up by the oilpan or transmission right? That's what motor mounts are for.

Technically true, but the engine is pretty much free to tilt forward and backward a long way. Without the transmission and its mount, the engine can flop because the stock engine mounts do virtually nothing to stop it.

I run the old MORE Bomb Proof engine mounts and they are different, but the stock mounts suck. I had the engine smack the firewall before the motor mount upgrade.

Mechanics such as that one may go a long way towards explaining the broken, factory, cast iron block brackets.

Technically true, but the engine is pretty much free to tilt forward and backward a long way. Without the transmission and its mount, the engine can flop because the stock engine mounts do virtually nothing to stop it.

I run the old MORE Bomb Proof engine mounts and they are different, but the stock mounts suck. I had the engine smack the firewall before the motor mount upgrade.

I had my trans mount out to swap my t-case to an 241J and was really impressed with the holding power of the SFR mounts. The trans did not drop near as much as I remember on my last Jeep.

Back