• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear leafsprings

All Cherokee springs interchange. There are regular, heavy duty, and + 1 inch UpCountry suspensions. New springs are worth the money, stock springs are usually worn out.

Last edited:
they are the same for all years... however in the quadratec parts catolog there are medium duty 5 1/2" arch, standard duty 6 1/8"arch, and heavy duty 7" arch... all interchangable no matter what year

they are the same for all years... however in the quadratec parts catolog there are medium duty 5 1/2" arch, standard duty 6 1/8"arch, and heavy duty 7" arch... all interchangable no matter what year

Sorry for threadcrapping, but if you change standard duty to heavy duty how does effect your ride (less comfortable)... ?

PIC_0084.jpg

leaf3.jpg

leaf2.jpg

leaf1.jpg

think these are worth it?

Are you in need of new stocker leaf springs? if so, probably, yeah. Price is about right.

Those look like aftermarket replacements, probably stockish height though. You wont know till you install them, and some people are very picky about ride height.

Leaf springs are NOT 'all the same', except in that they all bolt up with 1 bolt in the front, and another bolt in the rear... and connect to your axle in the middle somehow.

Made in the U.S.A., therefore an American made them: http://www.eaglesuspensions.com/company/about.php Contact them, and tell them the bar code numbers on the sticker, and they should be able to tell you exactly the application specs.:eyes:

Sorry for threadcrapping, but if you change standard duty to heavy duty how does effect your ride (less comfortable)... ?

well thats a great question... lol i dont even know which one i have on my jeep... im pretty sure the ride will be rouger with the heavy duty springs but my question is does it affect the ride height? i would imagine it does cuz the arch is different.. what does an AAL do? change the arch....

well thats a great question... lol i dont even know which one i have on my jeep... im pretty sure the ride will be rouger with the heavy duty springs but my question is does it affect the ride height? i would imagine it does cuz the arch is different.. what does an AAL do? change the arch....

An AAL just makes the arch harder to flatten, thereby keeping the spring more arched, thereby lifting the rear. If you are looking at the spring ON the Jeep as opposed to the new springs OFF the Jeep...the arch will be different unless you've bought a "lift" pack.

I fitted heavy duty rears on my XJ they have five leaves and lifted it about 3" over the original, they make the ride a little harsher but they were worth every penny even though it was 179GBP I'd upload a photo but I haven't a clue how to:dunno:

Back