• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear discs so so

When you performed the swap, did you replace your axle shaft seals? If so, did you use OE parts or aftermarket?

Aftermarket seals typically do not have flanges and can be installed backwards. Make sure you installed them with the seal springs facing inward. If they are installed backwards, they will leak and kill your pads (ask me how I know).

Jack up the rear of the XJ and put it on jack stands. Have someone start the XJ and put it in drive with the normal amount of foot pressure on the breaks. If the rear wheels spin, you have a problem in the back.

not saying your brakes are working right, but that's a pretty poor way to check them.

I wasn't checking them, that just happens in real life. Like when wheeling.

All I said was I need to check to see why my rear brakes aren't working well. I provided examples of how I know they are not working well, and reasons why they might not be (improperly bled/prop valve). But hey, thanks for all the "you must be a noob" responses lol.

Oh, and the seals were installed by an SAE master tech. They should be good.

Back