• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bumber

rear bumber

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been doing research on the bumpers and I agree with the mounting points are very important thats way I am leaning toward the ridgeco or detours.

Ridgeco does not have the bumper on the web site yet, but you can find pic's of it if you do a search.

326979205YVrURs_ph.jpg

I like the C-Rok rear with their tire carrier. It has a built in Class III hitch also.

I don't like the cost much, but due to living in an apartment, I'll have to leave buying a welder and learning to weld for another day.

I also am hesitant to buy one, becuase I really want a jerrry can mount on the tire carrier, and don't see one offered by them. I'll catch one of their guys on the phone and ask if it can be added somehow.... one of these days....

FWIW I ordered the Rigid Co front a few weeks ago, and they are a bit backed up right about now....

OK, I installed my Detours bumper and tire carrier last night. The install went prety good. A couple of minor issues, but not to bad. It took about 2 hours total.

The pics are here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xj7ztxt.7j31rvv1&x=0&y=-xthqf1

There are also pics of my Rigid front bumper there.

Thanks to Remi, Johnny, and Scott from the SOCAL chapter of NAXJA. This could not have been done so easily without their help.

Later,

Robert

thats a rigidco front bumper, detours rear. both look great.

wescam said:
I like the C-Rok rear with their tire carrier. It has a built in Class III hitch also.

I don't like the cost much, but due to living in an apartment, I'll have to leave buying a welder and learning to weld for another day.

I also am hesitant to buy one, becuase I really want a jerrry can mount on the tire carrier, and don't see one offered by them. I'll catch one of their guys on the phone and ask if it can be added somehow.... one of these days....

FWIW I ordered the Rigid Co front a few weeks ago, and they are a bit backed up right about now....

Hey wescam,
Just to let you know, Rigid's new tire carrier has a jerry can mount and a hi-lift mount also.

gmanxj

Garritt sent me pics of the Rigidco rear bumper with carrier along with some clearance pics.. looks very VERY nice.

you guys should PM him and have him send a few your way or atleast see if he'll post them.

given what i know about these guys and the time i've spent on the phone with Terry, they have by far the best bumper on the market along with a super nice price.

.. and no, i have no affiliation with them. just one fabricator admiring anothers work.

i plan on getting the rigid, as i already have the front bumper and i love it. i wish i would have gotten it powdercoated though, because my paintjob is okay, but i had to redo it after it started forming rust under the paint. that detours unit looks pretty good, and is one of the first ive seen with the spare offset significantly to the passenger side. way to go detours.

has anyone considered the durango? it is a beautiful bumper and is super stout. the hitch is good for towing as it ties in like the factory unit. the whole setup including the tire carrier is near $900 though. !!:eek:!!

PapaPump has anyone considered the durango? it is a beautiful bumper and is super stout. the hitch is good for towing as it ties in like the factory unit. the whole setup including the tire carrier is near $900 though. !!:eek:!![/QUOTE said:
I have a friend who bought the Durango. It is very nice, but it cost him a close to $1100!!!

I really like my Detours. Trail tested 2 weeks ago. I tool some good abuse. No rattles or anything from the tire carrier. a little bouncy on the freeway at 75+ MPH...

Robert

Back