• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Brake Line Close to Muffler

Dustins94Country

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
Im a newbie to the forum. Hopefully y'all can help me out. Last month I had my '94 Country lifted 4.5" with Rusty's spring-pack kit. This past weekend while 'wheeling in the Nantahala NF in NC my exhaust hanger popped out. This caused me to inspect it, of course.

I found out, after I popped the hanger back in the rubber holder that the passenger rear brake line is now resting on the muffler!! Is this ok? The line does have the braided high-temp OEM wrap, but still I am concerned. Any recommendations???

Thanks!
Dustin
Spencer (Salisbury), NC

This is one where a pic is needed.The hardline shouldnt be ANYWHERE near the exhaust,it runs along the drivers side framerail,then to the T,and then along the backside of axle???

You're talking about the ebrake cable, right? Black cable as opposed to a stainless brake line. Zip tie it to the axle away from the exhaust, or you can disconnect it from the adjuster bracket and re-route it so it is away from the exhaust. The second method is prefered, it will allow for the most extension of the ebrake line with out binding.

if it is the e brake cable like mentioned earlier you could also replace the cable with 2 drivers side ones off a wrangler. they are longer and have the same fittings. this allows for greater articlation of the axle without the worry of hitting things like the muffler.

if your interested in this meathod type "e brake cables" in the search function and im sure you could pull up a wealth of info on the subject.

Back