• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Realy !?!?

Led

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Haphazard........ :flamemad::soapbox: Funny how the guy that did nothing but get in the way on the last one is already trying to tank the next one. Those of us that worked on it know what we built and what it took to get it done.I am still proud of that jeep and would have loved to bring it back home.

i was wondering how long it was gonna take you to see that thread.......

thats a lot more calm of a reaction than i was expecting...

ill try and find link for thread i THINK he is talkin about

For all the kids who can't go there:

seanR said:
I can not believe you guys are going to try that again!!!!!!!
Do none of you remember what happened last time?
You really really really need to think hard about this!
Besides the fact that no one wanted to work on it, when it came down to the wire, it was thrown together haphazardly and didn't even make it out of Utah, or was that the first one?
Oh that's right we tried it twice before...

If nothing else think about the liability we leave ourselves open to as a club be giving away a modded jeep built, thrown together, at the last minute.

seanR, Past President who wanted to scrap this whole stupid idea.

old_man said:
Everybody always refers to a chapter doing the build. In reality it ususally boils down to 2 or 3 people being saddled with all the work and responsibility, with parts that show up at the last minute and lots of people who only want to tell them how to do it and not willing to put forth any effort on their part.

It is easy for those on the sidelines to bitch and moan about the results while never putting forth any effort. To be done correctly the parts all need to be gathered and delivered at least one year before delivery, not in the last month. There needs to be one person in charge, and by in charge, I mean, has access to the checkbook and the power to call the shots. These builds bring in a ton of money for
naxja.gif
, so it needs to be funded.

Historically we have purchased a cheap used vehicle to start with. That is part of the problem. We need a good reliable vehicle, and by reliable, I mean putting in a new motor and transmission and taking the time to put some miles on the vehicle prior to delivery.

Led said:
YA know ya better get your story strait. If the BOD woulda got thier heads outta their asses and got the parts to us in a timely manner it would have been done sooner. I had to fight tooth and nail to keep the last one going.as far as haphazard bite my ass how much time did you spend on it or in it.
My advice for the BOD before assigning this to a chapter.
1. Start with getting a good low millage jeep(I.E. spend the money)
2. agree on a full build plan where all the build parts work together
3. have the jeep and all the parts to the builder no later than 1.5 years out from the giveaway date.
4. finish it 1 year out
5. just do it don't keep going back and forth because its taking effort and money. The club has plenty of money
6. just buy any parts not donated by a set date.

Yes I take seanRs' statement as a personal insult as do several other members of the colorado chapter, we had 100's of man hours into the last jeep. it was a huge undertaking with a disorganized BOD at best. Building a jeep where you have no say in the parts and or the
combination of said parts sucks.... Its not like building your own or even your buddys its ALOT more like work.
Anyone thinking of taking this on hit me back channel and I can give you a better idea of what your taking on and what it will take to get it done.
Led (the guy who kept the last one going)

The guy with the "haphazard" comment should take his medication.

I wasn't quite as calm with my response but kept it civil.We had people on the sidelines criticizing and doubting us the whole time we were building the last one and that shit got old real quick.We had to work with what we were dealt and made the most of it.Now someone is spouting more bullshit.Its crap like this that makes me like NAXJA less and less as time goes on and I won't be renewing my membership or doing anything to help the "National" part of this club out ever again.Too many classless whiners out there. :flamemad::flamemad:

I think both you guys were remarkably calm -- Jeff, you can go black, but you have to promise to show me the best fishing holes anyways...

We could all just go back to the original email list, it's still out there. It's what got a lot of Colorado members into NAXJA. All you need to know about NAXJA was that it was formed so some people could cover their ass.

We could all just go back to the original email list, it's still out there. It's what got a lot of Colorado members into NAXJA. All you need to know about NAXJA was that it was formed so some people could cover their ass.

I know what that means in a business sense. Awesome/ hey ooo

Back