• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Really bad misfire

Yeah, you definitely need to hit the 3-month change interval with such low mileage.

I wouldn't waste money on synthetic oils, get some good dino Rotella or other diesel oil and stick with it. Around here Walmart carries Rotella 10w30 dino in the gallon jugs pretty cheap. Also, stop in at the truck stops, they almost always have oil on sale.

I'll definitely put some rotella in it. I thought about it for the last oil change i did and figured I didn't really need the extra detergent properties. I was completely wrong.

One thing people don't realize is although the temperature gauge might indicate normal operating temperature, it really takes a good 20 minutes of operation to get the whole engine block fully warmed up. Without getting the engine really warmed sludge will quickly form.

Good luck, hope it works out.

I'd have to agree - you can't lose much at this point. Drop some pushrods in that sucker and hope for the best. Might check the timing chain as well just to make sure it didn't jump a few teeth resulting in wrongly timed valves or something. Past this it'll need rebuild/ replacement for sure so you may as well take a cheap bet on it.

The parts can be replaced, but what is the root cause of the failure? You say the rockers look fine. Did a valve hang in a guide? Pushrods don't just randomly pop loose.

From what I can tell the bolt for the rocker arm with the dislodged pushrod was loose, it was considerably easier to remove than the others and the bridge between the rocker arms was twisted.

I got it all fixed now it runs like clockwork.

Party Time! :party:

Really glad it worked out and didn't cost a fortune.

Back