• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

Here's my '88. Stock for now with craapo (I mean Maaco) paint job. I could've done better and I've never painted a car before. Also tires are bigger than stock, measure like 30.5" with no lift and a busted rear left shock. Within 2-9 months she will be getting an RE 5.5" long arm or Rock Krawler 6.5" LA with 1"-2" spacers and 35x12.5 tires. Swapping in a 29 spline 8.25 or maybe a D44, also will be adding snorkel, bumper and winch, rear tire carrier, maybe bushwackers and a 2000 watt RMS (true not advertised watts) stereo system that came out of my old Integra.
BEFORE
8b0c8ef6.jpg

7db3ffc1.jpg

AFTER
P1000528sized.jpg

P1000525sized.jpg

XJAvatar.jpg

421_0061.jpg

BrightOrangeXJ said:
Here's my '88. Stock for now with craapo (I mean Maaco) paint job. I could've done better and I've never painted a car before. Also tires are bigger than stock, measure like 30.5" with no lift and a busted rear left shock. Within 2-9 months she will be getting an RE 5.5" long arm or Rock Krawler 6.5" LA with 1"-2" spacers and 35x12.5 tires. Swapping in a 29 spline 8.25 or maybe a D44, also will be adding snorkel, bumper and winch, rear tire carrier, maybe bushwackers and a 2000 watt RMS (true not advertised watts) stereo system that came out of my old Integra.
BEFORE
8b0c8ef6.jpg

AFTER

421_0061.jpg

I noticed you removed your center caps? Do you want to sell one or two if they are in good shape? BTW, nice paint job!!! :shocked: It does look better than the before shots!

2065986_87_full.jpg

Here's my 01 right after I trimmed the bumper caps and removed the air dam.

Daystar Spacers and Rear Shackles
30"x9.5" Goodyear
Surco Rack w/Tire Mount

Last edited:
dynorockcg said:
Hey Krazors, have some side pics of your 01? I was wanted to do a similar setup. Any vibration or steering issues? Thanks.

no issues at all. Only vibs were the exhaust against the shackle bolt. Haha. took some heating and bending to fix that. Feels just like stock. Here's a few more pics

2065986_63_full.jpg

2065986_66_full.jpg

2065986_65_full.jpg

Last edited:
My CITY SLEEPER XJ
XJ_Full.jpg

rear-shock-inside-5.jpg

Suspension Build-Up thread only at NAXJA
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87268

Engine DYNO TEST Discussion
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86274

Current Spec :
97 XJ 4-door, Right Hand Drive
Engine Stroked to 4.5L using Crankshaft Kit Only
Existing ECU connected to UNICHIP Programmable Engine Control Unit Transmission - Automatic, Standard AW-4, No Modifications
T-Case - NP-231, Standard, No Modifications
Camshaft - Standard at this moment (will be replaced with CROWER CAMS)
Intake - Standard at this moment
Heads - Standard at this moment
Throttle Body enlarge to 60mm (will be using 66mm)
Injector - Enlarge 46% from standard (pulse can be programmed thru UNICHIP)
Ignition - Standard (timing can be programmed thru UNICHIP)
Header 3-Y configuratuib
Exhaust - Flow-Master
Piston - Standard, Not over-bored
Air Filter (K&N)
Fuel 87 Octane (i know, but this is what we have in Indonesia for standard)
Tires 255x55x18
Wheel 8.5x18 inch
Dyno Test results 135.3HP, 127 Torque (at Wheel)

Projects :

1. Installing Walker Evans Racing Coil-Over Shocks, with remote reservoir, and Dual Coil-Spring Rate for both the front and rear.
  2. Shocks are 8" travel, Remote Reservoir
  3. Coils are KING COILS
  4. Each Coil-Over shocks will utilize dual rate coils.
  5. Upper coils softer, lower coils stiffer. Rate of coils will be POST later-on
  6. Install SWAY-BAR for the rear (Indonesian XJ do not come with sway bar at the rear !!!), to eliminate Body-Roll

Krazors001 said:
2065986_87_full.jpg

Here's my 01 right after I trimmed the bumper caps and removed the air dam.
How did you get your parking/turn signal blue? does it still flash amber? i know i will at least need a clear lense

97XJ Jeeper said:
How did you get your parking/turn signal blue? does it still flash amber? i know i will at least need a clear lense

They are super white bulbs. no amber light, just white as the name says. If you want them to be clear and still flash amber, you could try platinum bulbs.

my toy, '88 XJ pioneer, 4.0, 3.5" budget lift, custom bumper w/tow bar mounts, just mounted the kc's on the hood, welded rear up.......scott

p.s. kick a$$ site

Hi! my name is Ben and I`m from Chihuahua Mexico (N28*37`45.87`` W106* 04`25.39``) I just got this babe few weeks ago, it is a 98 Cherokee Sport with a Rusty`s 4.5 suspension lift, and several stuff I`m still working on, for now I got 31`` mud but i`m trying to change them for 33`` or maybe 35`` it depends on the money of course, I just got, bushwacker fender flares 6``, ARB D30 locker. well, c ya later hope to be around more often.

My '89 MJ BA10, soon to have D44 rear, new 4.0 from a 97 tj, new 5-0 fuel injectors
myjeep002.jpg

myjeep001.jpg

no offroad pics yet cause a front right u-joint moves bout 1/4 inch in its "casing" dont know how to say it but its blown as $()^

<HR style="COLOR: #ce5f5a" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Travis from Rockland County new york
rusty's 4.5" soon to be 7" :confused1
32 bfg allterrain ta ko, soon to be 33" baja claws
porc sye
also soon to be 4.10
ah i dont no what else to put...

the arb sticker is cause i got their tow straps and they sent me these huge things, saw the xxxpedition cherokee and loved the way it looked hehehe
o and custom brush guards the two little wires goin from the top to the front of the hood

1490ewm.jpg

me in the pit near my house

14910sp.jpg

me n my buds (they got a white yj- 2.5" and a stocker tj)

14911uc.jpg

swimmin in a water hole

14913x3.jpg

me n the white yj

I'm new to this forum, I'm from Ontario Canada and own a 1998 XJ with currently a 2" lift and 235/75R15 (28") BFG All Terrains.

These are very rare picture of my Jeep...the reason being that it is spotless. I do try and keep it as clean as possible, but I wheel it like every weekend, so it never lasts long.

dscf00871bp.jpg

dscf00887iu.jpg

Back