• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

thats what i want to do to mine! only thing is could you have made the rear tire carrier swing out or is an integral part of the cage? trunk access? or is it not a big deal?

thanks guys. i did the tube work myself. its a custom longarm kit consisting of 3/8" wall DOM, johnny joints on the crossmember side, and bushings. it is the radius arm design. i am still debating possibly doing some sheet metal behind the fenders, but i havent made up my mind. i still have a few small bars to add here and there, so who knows. as far as making the rear a swingaway, i was already planning on doing the X for triangulation of the cage, and it seemed like a good place to mount the tire. i can still access the storage area through the sides or fold down the rear seat.

DorkAlert said:
So your avatar is a picture of you somewhere in Chile...hmmm...I've got a few questions...Do you have a diesel XJ? I've always wanted one of those. Do you go north or south for better wheeling? I assume north but I have no idea...I guess it could be east to the Andes. I'll be down there end of January but again I am not going to find time to go to Santiago...If you have already posted pics, tell me where, I'd like to see and know more....
You got PM........

imrywk.jpg

imrz7k

ims0mb.jpg

my jeep

myjeep.jpg

OK, RE 4.5" + 1 3/4" spacers, rear add a leaf + 2" block, 32x11.50 Mud terrain BFGoodrich tires, RE 1600 adjustable track bar, rear powertrax No Slip locker.

Un saludo desde Mexico!!

MRFM said:
OK, RE 4.5" + 1 3/4" spacers, rear add a leaf + 2" block, 32x11.50 Mud terrain BFGoodrich tires, RE 1600 adjustable track bar, rear powertrax No Slip locker.

Un saludo desde Mexico!!

Thanks Man, The same specs that I have except for the locker and 32" tires, I have 33's and no locker.

Muchas Felicidades desde CHILE!!

hey mrfm,hows that power trax no slip work? if you had your choice would you purchase it again?or go with somthing different? just wandering because ive been thinking about buying one myself.

baldwins89xj said:
hey mrfm,hows that power trax no slip work? if you had your choice would you purchase it again?or go with somthing different? just wandering because ive been thinking about buying one myself.

What’s up, I install the powertrax no slip locker in my Dana 35 with track lock about 2 years because it was the inexpensive option to bring a locker, but for real I am really satisfied with the functionality of the locker, if you are not going to be able to make an upgrade like change the diferential this is the best option, in a moderate off road use the locker works really good, it doesn’t make much noise only one off them makes a larger noise on the way to make a turn, I investigated and it’s normal.

Just finished up my BB. Sitting at 3" of lift right now. Next will get the rockers cut out and redone. Back ends of them on both sides are pretty much gone now.

IMG_0100.jpg

hey that's one sweet look'n ride!

Woke up this morining & what did I see...
A set of new Warn Rock Sliders under the tree!

The gifts were all placed there with care...
Even a new Rock Crawler wheel for my big spare!

I knew right then... Ol Saint Nick had been there!

Merry Christmas all... and a Happy New Year...

Brockster

3d34re2.jpg

baeere2.jpg

Stock except for a couple dents. Story for another day.

Here is my jeep...
2000 sport, 4.0, 5" lift, locked D30, tracklocked 8.25" that works well, complete skids, me roof rack, Nates front bumer w/8000lb winch. Computer mount with GPS. 31" soon to be 33" MT's. Gears next week, I think.

dec2005005.jpg

dec102005039.jpg

Full cage to be made by June, and a detroit locker in the rear.

OUT.

531426196sLBFWN_ph.jpg

531428266ieTgly_ph.jpg

531430957waktTz_th.jpg

Back